Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot update to Kerio Connect 8.3.3 or 8.3.4 (error 1920) (update failure)
  •  
Kerio Blue

Send a private message to this user
Update 2
8.3.4 Patch 1 same thing.

Update 1
I was kind of hopeful when I saw the 8.3.4 update for Kerio Connect.
Unfortunately this update is also not working. I am getting the same error message.
This is very frustrating. I cannot get rid of the POODLE SSL bug, no access with Safari and all future update will fail also?

Hi,

I am unable to update from Kerio Connect 8.3.2 to 8.3.3. The installation stops with an 'Error 1920. Service Kerio Connect (KerioMailServer) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.'

After that error message my Kerio Connect installation seems to be gone. If I reinstall Kerio Connect 8.3.2, however, the installation goes fine and the server seems to work normally.

I am running Kerio Connect (64bit) on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any thoughts? Help appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 October 2014 20:53]

•  
Kerio Blue

So, if all the updates fail what are my options?

- error 1920 is a generic error, it could mean all kinds of things; one thing I tried is disabling terminal server, I have to say without success, I would rather not fiddle around with a production system;
- there is almost nothing else running on this server which could interfere, i.e. no need to deinstall anything;
- as far as I can see Kerio Connect does not depend on any third party software like Java or .NET, this means there is no need to run anything else or update it;
- Windows Server 2008 R2 is fully patched and up to date;
- should I move the mail store to another server? Install the same version of Kerio Connect and find out if it could be upgraded?;
- are there any other options, like a different way to install (e.g. run the install with certain parameter?);
- instead of an in-place update: deinstall Kerio Connect first and reinstall the new version afterwards?
  •  
Kerio Blue

I did the only thing I could think of: setup a new server and migrated Kerio Connect over to that server. Updates went through like a charm afterwards. Not sure if this had solved the problem entirely, though.

This just begs the questions why does nobody from Kerio respond to a forum entry like this? Especially in a state of heightened nervousness about software security problems. I might add I have not been the first one to report this.
Well, it should be in Kerios interest to keep there customers happy. Because after all it is their current customers who will advertise Kerio products and refer new customers. At least they could have acknowledging the problem. But maybe that is the problem?

I still like their products but support lacks (yes, I have directly contacted support before).
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We have no such report in our eSupport system. Have you reported it there?
Since screenshot and generic error code does not indicate any particular known problem there is no easy advice.
You should get the debug log from the installer as described at http://kb.kerio.com/1124
It should show more details.
  •  
Kerio Blue

I understand that a generic error code like this one is not easy to diagnose. Let alone getting the problem fixed.

I ended up getting a fresh installation for the OS as well as the mail server. Maybe this is good thing in the end b/c I had problems with the installation before.

Next time I will go back to submitting a service ticket.

However, a response to a problem which could have severe consequences later on would have been nice.
Previous Topic: disable SSL 3.0 in Kerio 8.4, line "DisableSSLv3" is missing
Next Topic: Kerio Connect and CVE-2014-8730 vulnerability
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 21:41:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.