Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect or MS Exchange? (Is Kerio good enough in Enterprise > 600 Users)
  •  
kibu

Send a private message to this user
We are using Kerio Connect with more than 400 users, 50% iOS Devices.

is Kerio good enough for Enterprise. can Kerio Connect handle 500, 1000 and more users? is there anyone using Kerio instead of Exchange with more than 500 users?

does anyone have experience using Kerio in Enterprise?

We don't want to switch to MS Exchange, but we need more Enterprise functionality and the sureness that Kerio Connect can handle 500 and more users.

A lot of questions, but it's a strategic decision for or against Kerio.

Can you post your experiences with Kerio Connect using 500 and more users and which setup do you prefer? VMware, NetApp usw...

Thanks.

•  
matti763

Hi,

We are running KC on many size customers. The scale is from 10 to 1500 user. There is no clear answer to your question, because it depends what other systems you have and do you need any integration? It also depends your users and their devices. If you use AD-integration, use Windows Server. It is so much more reliable for this.

Kerio is suitable if:
-Most users are webmail users, so there is no need to manage end user's devices
-Setup with only one server is fine to you
-You can schedule downtime to restore user's mailbox or folder

Kerio is not suitable if:
-You want to set policy to mobile-devices, such as security code
-You need tight integration to "Exchange-compatible" systems, such as MS Lync
-You don't have human resources to solve end-user's problems with Outlook and KOFF
-You need "nested groups" to send email with AD-groups
  •  
kibu

current installation:

485 mailboxes

- 90% Apple Mail
- 90% iCal, Apple Calendar
- 10% MS Outlook (Mac / Win)
- 50% Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android, managed with Airwatch MDM)
- 10 - 20 GB mailboxes for each user
- 20% powerusers with more than 30 GB mailbox

Storage: 3 TB NetApp RAW-device (fast SAS-drives)
AD-integration (Windows Server 2012)
- no MS Lync
- no MS Sharepoint
  •  
Bud Durland

kibu wrote on Sat, 18 October 2014 02:00
We don't want to switch to MS Exchange, but we need more Enterprise functionality and the sureness that Kerio Connect can handle 500 and more users.

I'm curious about what you define as "more enterprise functionality". What is it that you need to do that you can't do now?

You and I are in a similar situation. I currently have 2 of my three sites on Kerio Connect. The third is currently running Exchange, and my boss asked me to consider all the alternatives. on the Kerio server, we have about 290 users, but close to 400 connections because most users have both a computer and a mobile device or two.

I'm planning to stick with KC. We have very, very little trouble with it, and almost all of that can be traced to users. I kinda wish performance for the offline connector was better, but we have learned that there is a dramatic improvement when the client computer has an SSD. I also suspect that in bigger installations, the backend has a big impact on performance, so we are looking to upgrade the server to SSDs sometime next year.

Previous Topic: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Next Topic: Problem with mails where user in CC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jun 27 16:05:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.