Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How do I tell if the Spam definitions are updated? (Spam Definitions)
  •  
ababinchak

Send a private message to this user
We've seen an increase in the amount of spam in the last few months. I don't see anywhere in the admin portal that tells me if the spam service is updating it's definitions successfully. How can I tell?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Amy,

Spam Assassin does not update everyday like the Anti-Virus does in Kerio Connect. Spam Assassin has database versions that released periodically but no wear near as often as Anti-Virus. The link below shows you all the data base version.

http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc.html

I do believe Kerio is currently using the most recent one. Spam Assassin seems to bring out a new database every couple of years.

I hope this helps answer your question.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
MarkK

Kerio is not using the most recent Spam Assassin, v3.4. They are at least one version behind, possibly two.

I would suggest you look at my other posts about writing your own SA rules. Much much easier than you may think. I have even posted a good starter add-on rule file that should take a good bite out of what you are getting. Our spam that was slipping through the filter got cut down 97 to 99% after implementing some custom written rules.
Previous Topic: Exchange and kerio client outlook
Next Topic: Different settings for blacklists
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:24:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.