Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Folder / Calendar not visible from other domain on same server
  •  
aceint

Send a private message to this user
Hey there!

I am facing a weird problem with my Kerio Connect server. I have two domains configured on my server.
I do have a calendar installed, as well as a group within the main-domain (domain123), that includes users who are supposed to read and edit the calendar.

Now the plan was to give the users from the other domain (domainABC) access to the calendar, too. Funny thing: it does not work.

When I log in to the webmailer / KOC as the administrator and edit the rights on the calendar like this: Add --> Group --> CalendarDomainABC, I still can not see the calendar when I log in to the webmailer as an domainABC-user.
Even though I put the calendar on visible / editable for anonymous people or "Everyone", it did not work. They are just not being shown when I log in as an domainABC-user.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Please help me out with this little issue. I would really appreciate it.

BR
Sebastian
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure that public folders are set as global and not as unique per-domain.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
ksnyder

I've tested with a user in one domain creating and sharing a public calendar with users on other domains.

Prior to attempting this, be sure you've checked the right box: Settings -> Domains -> Global For All Domains.

Once that's done, and you log in as a domainABC-user and click calendars, you should have the ability to view the shared calendar from domain123 (provided you've ticked the box in "Public Folders" listed on the left of the Webmail Client of domainABC-user.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2014 21:37]

Ken Snyder
  •  
aceint

Hey guys!

Thank you for the quick responses.
Honestly, it did not work. Or I got you guy wrong.

What I did is:

1) Logging in to admin console --> settings --> domains --> right click on the domain(s) --> public folders --> global.

2) Logging in to webmailer / KOC with any account --> I do not see the public folder / calendar anymore, not even in the accounts that worked fine before

3) Changing back to public folder within each domain instead of the global setting --> calendar appears again, but only on the one domain's user accounts, just like before

So, what exactly should I do?

Thank you very much!

BR
Sebastian
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Luckily we have a great documentation for our products. This should help: http://kb.kerio.com/720

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
aceint

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

One last question: Once I did this (changing it to global public folders), will I need to subscribe to the calendars again manually in all the employees Outlooks?

I know, this is nothing that could be called hard work, but I doubt that everyone in the company is able to do it on his own, so I am asking before I change the settings without being able to hit the office tomorrow. Smile

BR
Sebastian

•  
ComputerBudda

Can't you subscribe via the web app instead of Outlook?
  •  
Spacey

If you switch to global calendars all currently existing calendars will be removed. So if you're at the very beginning of your installation it's no problem since you won't lose anything. If you already in a production enviroment make sure to backup the calendars - best way within iCal / Export. If you switch back from global to individual settings you'll have your old calendars back with their settings btw.... at least it was that way 3-4-5 versions ago.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect and Bash vulnerability (ShellShock)
Next Topic: Error Log
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Mar 24 07:09:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01191 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.