Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange and kerio client outlook (Exchange and kerio client outlook)
  •  
Sander

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

i need to add an exchange account to my outlook that have a connection to kerio, but when i add the account the calendar and reply email address are all set to the exchange account. is this not possible?
and it warns me the default delivery location is changed.

•  
Vink

You need to install a Kerio Outlook Connector.
  •  
Sander

thanks but the problem is that i need to add an exchange account to my oulook, that already has an kerio account.
my client also needs to connect to an exchange account, next to the existing kerio account with outlook connector.

when i do that exchange becomes the default for calendar and reply email.
  •  
ComputerBudda

Default programs are set in "strangely enough" internet explorer under the programs tab. yes, it is bizarre.
  •  
Sander

is there anyone that can read the question before giving an answer?
i think i can't set the kerio connector as default application....
  •  
ksnyder

In Outlook, open your accounts/preferences. You should see a list of your two accounts and one will be identified as the default. There should be a gear icon on the bottom right of that list. Hit that dropdown and change the default account to the one that you want.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Sander

thanks but that's not the problem, the kerio account is set to default, so no help there.
i think there is some problem with either the connector or some Microsoft rule that prohibits others to fully use outlook.
time to stop with Kerio and go for Exchange.

•  
Bud Durland

Sander wrote on Wed, 29 October 2014 07:59
i need to add an exchange account to my outlook that have a connection to kerio, but when i add the account the calendar and reply email address are all set to the exchange account. is this not possible?
and it warns me the default delivery location is changed.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to have your Outlook client connect to both Kerio Connect and Exchange. I tried to do this for a migration project a few months back using the Kerio Offline connector, with limited success. The problem is that with Outlook, both Kerio and Exchange expect to be the "primary" mail account, and don't play well with others.

I did not test configuring one or the other account up for IMAP access, as that was outside the scope of my process. However, I strongly suspect that if all that's needed is access to the message store, that configuration would work fine. The real conflict is over calendar and contact management in OutLook.

Another choice is to use emClient (link here), with IMAP and CardDav access to Kerio, and Exchange Web Access to get to Exchange.
Previous Topic: Custom Logo in Web Client
Next Topic: How do I tell if the Spam definitions are updated?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:39:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.