Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Single User - Exchange vs KC? (Just out of curiosity...)
  •  
tobes01

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I use a hosted Exchange 2013 setup for just a handful of accounts. Been very happy with the provider, but Exchange occasionally decides to play rough with OS X, and I've long fancied going with hosted KC instead. I don't use webmail.

So, daft question: in a single user environment, OS X and iOS only, would the user notice any difference between KC and Exchange?

Cheers

Tobes
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Tobes,

Little bit of a tough question... Kerio Connect is not a direct copy of Exchange so there are differences however depending on if the user used any Exchange specific features that only can be done with Outlook and Exchange then they may notice a difference.

However if the user is just a regular user and just sends emails and calendar invites then they probably won't notice anything different really.

If you wanted a comprehensive list of the differences between Kerio and Exchange call your closest Kerio office and speak to Sales or a Sales Engineer.

http://www.kerio.com/contact

This way you can then determine if you feel the user would notice a difference.

I hope this helps a little.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Bud Durland

tobes01 wrote on Thu, 30 October 2014 04:34
Hi all,

I use a hosted Exchange 2013 setup for just a handful of accounts. Been very happy with the provider, but Exchange occasionally decides to play rough with OS X, and I've long fancied going with hosted KC instead. I don't use webmail.

So, daft question: in a single user environment, OS X and iOS only, would the user notice any difference between KC and Exchange?

Cheers

Tobes

In some ways, KC might be better, since it supports iCal, CardDav, etc, which (I'm given to understand) is pretty well implemented in most iOS and OS/X mail clients. Definitely faster than OutLook, though that comparison is irrelevant in your environment.

•  
ComputerBudda

I use it because my customer had Outlook 2003 and didn't want to upgrade to 2010 due to cost. Exchange 2013 won't work with 2003 and barely works with 2007. I also like the built in AV and spam.
Previous Topic: Calendar reminders exceed 1000's of minutes
Next Topic: Upgrade Kerio Connect 7.4.0 to 8.3.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jan 23 15:45:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00874 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.