Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » No possibility of recognition, which agent has taken the call
  •  
meinapfel.at

Send a private message to this user
Hej there,
I have a customer with Kerio Operator using a special queue for medical hotline-purposes and the customer is going to pay the queue-agents only for their active spoken seconds with callers. The agents are not sitting in an office, but the calls are forwarded to mobiles per dynamic login and logoff with the kerio softphone app. So if a call is coming in it is forwarded to all active agents similarily, that is recorded in the call history and can be seen in the admin gui of operator, but all involved agents have the status "no answer" and a duration of 00:00, even the one, who has taken the call and spoke to the caller for some minutes. The call duration is shown in the event of opening the queue. So there is no chance to get the information, which agent really has taken the call! And in that case my customer has no chance to pay his agents!
What is the solution? The needed information of course is logged in operator, at least in the file "queue_log". But this file is not available normally, you can only get it manually per ssh, then parse it with a php-script for the purposes of the customer. That is complicated and not to be done by the customer himself. This file is not exported with the normal backup-routine, why not?
Please show me simple ways to solve this problem, which can not be a problem for kerio itself in development to integrate the needed infos in the admin gui.
Even more I wanted to get involved with the Kerio API and installed the virtual appliance. All the examples are OK, but when trying "get last 50 calls" there is an error "Database engine failure". Kerio Operator is last version 2.3.3 build 3664. Is there a solution?
Any ideas? Every help appreciated.
Thanks.
  •  
ksnyder

•  
meinapfel.at

It's a pity, I am a registered Kerio partner, but cannot get access to the feedback-website for any reason. Doesn't accept my login, so I cannot look at your suggested link...
  •  
ksnyder

From within Operator Admin console and the Dashboard, click on "Suggest Idea". From there you should be able to search for "add column".

Text of the suggestion is:
Please add a column to the Status->Call History report that includes the identity of the agent/extension that actually answered the call. Currently this report is only capable of displaying the extension of the call queue that was reached. This would be useful for employers who want to pay agents based on minutes logged on the phone.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2014 17:42]

Ken Snyder
  •  
meinapfel.at

First excuse me, that I didn't answer your reply till today, there was too much trouble in other actions...

But yes, indeed, the suggestion would go in right direction!
But what's about the file "queue_log"? Is there really no simple possibility to get this file out of the system to another machine for analyzing?
And what Is about the error message trying the API?

I first tried to solve these problems with the help of my german partner brainworks, but the technician there told me to directly contact kerio, and not the support, but here in the forums, because it would be faster and direct contact with kerio developers. But is there really any support from kerio themselves?
I really feel disappointed...
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The queue log is Asterisk's low level log of what happened in the call queue. It is not available via Operator's API but you can download it from the server over ssh. Another option would be to connect to the Operator server using the AMI protocol (Asterisk Management Interface) but what it provides is again a stream of low-level data.

We are aware that a detailed (but easy-to-process) log of all the events that happened around a call in the PBX is something that would be very useful. Yet our analysis shows that it is a quite large task. We need to dig relatively deep into Asterisk's code and 'hook' our code into the right places. It's not something that we would be able to provide within a short time.

If you decide to work with the queue log or the AMI and need some help, feel free to ask here or via Kerio's support.

Vladimir
  •  
meinapfel.at

Hej Vladimir,

thank you for your answer. For the actual belongings of my customer dealing with the "queue_log" would be good enough. But it is not managable to copy the file each time (so at least once a month) manually per ssh to work with it.
Is there a possibility to do that per script or somehow else and maybe without leaving the ssh-portal open all the time?
Thanks in advance.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

You can use the built-in firewall to allow access to the SSH service only from your trusted IP addresses.

The file can be copied using an scp command:
scp root<_at_>192.168.12.91:/var/log/asterisk/queue_log ./

Previous Topic: T38_NEG_ERROR
Next Topic: Calls "Hang"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 16:48:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.