Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » A forwarding mailbox also forwarding junk folder??
  •  
mckingsley

Send a private message to this user
I have a mailbox set to forward to an external address. The thing is, not only is it forwarding the inbox but it is also forwarding all the junk messages in that folder as they come in. How can I stop that?
  •  
ksnyder

A few questions:
1) Is the forwarding rule defined on the server or in the Webmail Client?
2) Do the messages in the original recipient's junk folder have the Reached Tag Score Limit Message Prefix (such as "**SPAM**")?

One thing to try might be to apply the forwarding rule (filter) from within the Webmail Client of the original recipient (rather than on the server). The filtering rule should be something like:
If SUBJECT DOES NOT CONTAIN **SPAM** then FORWARD TO user<_at_>domain.com

Another option would be to setup a filter on the final recipient's inbox to move all messages with **SPAM** to their junk folder.

Of course, this assumes that the prefix is getting added to emails that are suspected to be spam. Do either of these suggestions solve the problem?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2014 20:30]

Ken Snyder
  •  
mckingsley

Yeah the forwarding is set up in the server admin users area. The junk messages in the junk folder to have the **SPAM** tag on them. I'll first try the suggestion to forward in the webmail settings instead. It does seem like a possible bug though unless this is expected behavior. I guess you could make the argument that everything needs to be forwarded no matter what but I would hope that messages get placed in the junk folder before the forwarding system decides to send on messages.

The second option of filtering on the final recipient side is something I considered as a last resort, it would just seem cleaner to not have to do it that way.
  •  
ksnyder

I agree...a lot less traffic and less likely that the email address doing the forwarding will be flagged as a spammer (and your IP address).

So best bet would be to configure the rule from the Webmail client, then remove the forwarding rule from the server.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: CentOS 7 + Samba 4 AD schema - Error!
Next Topic: Multi-Core, Multiple Processor Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 23 17:20:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00985 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.