Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2015
  •  
Simen Ovrebo

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Setup with Kerio Connect Account Assistant fails on Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2015. I guess this is in the list of features to be added in Kerio Connect 8.4.0? :-)

Best regards,

Simen Øvrebø
Simen Øvrebø Konsult AS

Best regards,

Simen Øvrebø
Nextron AS
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Outlook 2015 won't be supported in Connect 8.4. But of course, we will address this issue in some upcoming version.
Regards

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Just a correction. It is Outlook for Mac 15.3, not Outlook 2015.
  •  
Ferdinand

Is Outlook not in your scope ?
or just the users with recent versions ?

even if MS Outlook would not be the ideal mail client... it's kind of a standard. So I don't understand why Kerio is not taking care of that...
is it ?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Ferdinand wrote on Tue, 11 November 2014 08:42

even if MS Outlook would not be the ideal mail client... it's kind of a standard. So I don't understand why Kerio is not taking care of that...
is it ?

Because time machine has not been invented yet and we cannot support product that does not exist before it is released. Microsoft does not have any beta or prerelease builds. So support for Outlook for Mac naturally can be done after the product is released by its vendor. As written above, it will be supported in some next version.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2014 11:01]

•  
yukiomishima

howdy

i have a copy of outlook 2015 (v15.3)... no traveling forward in time... micro$oft have released it already

i am able to connect to kerio using IMAP.... however... i cannot seem to connect to kerio using exchange

am i missing something?

thanks

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2014 23:15]

•  
Simen Ovrebo

Ferdinand wrote on Tue, 11 November 2014 08:42

is it ?

The version I mentioned is released for subscribers to Office 365 only at the moment, and therefore understandable that Kerio has their focus on other fixes and features until a public release of Office 2015 or whatever they will call it is out.

Best regards,

Simen Øvrebø
Nextron AS
  •  
yukiomishima

any reason why outlook v15.3 on the mac is not able to establish an exchange account connection to kerio?

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
tv

Any update on availability? I have to make a decision whether to deploy Kerio or Exchange and although I personally prefer Kerio, lack of Outlook for Mac 2015 (Office 365 Outlook) support is a blocker. IMAP/CalDAV workaround is not an option.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 December 2014 12:35]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can use Office 2011 for Mac, which is by the way still preferred option on Microsoft Office 265 download page.

Outlook for Mac 15 (it is not 2015 version) is just a facelift for existing Outlook 2011, there are no significant new features besides slightly different look.
  •  
Thunderbyte

The mentioned forum thread was my initial question from 31. October 2014, so 2 months before this date and 1 week before the first post in this thread.

I get that Kerio does not want to support an Outlook version only available for Office 365 users and am therefore waiting patiently. I would however expect from Kerio, that the new version will be supported as soon as it is released to the public. The argument that there is no version available for testing is not valid in my opinion, as there has been a published version for 2 months now.
  •  
springeruk

Thunderbyte wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 14:39
The mentioned forum thread was my initial question from 31. October 2014, so 2 months before this date and 1 week before the first post in this thread.

I get that Kerio does not want to support an Outlook version only available for Office 365 users and am therefore waiting patiently. I would however expect from Kerio, that the new version will be supported as soon as it is released to the public. The argument that there is no version available for testing is not valid in my opinion, as there has been a published version for 2 months now.

Yes there is a significant feature 'Push notification'. If you have 100+ users on a network connecting to a remote exchange server, Outlook 2011 will (near continuously) check for/synchronise email, this causes major bandwidth issues. Push notification in Outlook 15 (combined with Exchange 2013) massively reduces the network bandwidth footprint.

Personally, I'm not interested in the beta debate/politics, using Outlook 2015 would really help me and many of my clients (I'm sure I'm not alone). I'd really like to think Kerio have a plan in place to support this product asap.
  •  
Think Fixed

springeruk wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 11:03
Thunderbyte wrote on Wed, 31 December 2014 14:39

Yes there is a significant feature 'Push notification'. If you have 100+ users on a network connecting to a remote exchange server, Outlook 2011 will (near continuously) check for/synchronise email, this causes major bandwidth issues. Push notification in Outlook 15 (combined with Exchange 2013) massively reduces the network bandwidth footprint.

Personally, I'm not interested in the beta debate/politics, using Outlook 2015 would really help me and many of my clients (I'm sure I'm not alone). I'd really like to think Kerio have a plan in place to support this product asap.

If I was in your situation, I would tell them that it's not supported yet, and that they should not install Outlook 15. Kerio has no incentive NOT to support it. Just give them time. You don't want them to release an update that isn't finished. I don't say this to be dismissive of the needs of your customers, but this is sometimes necessary when dealing with new software. In 2009, Apple released Snow Leopard, which could not sync Kerio Connect calendar data. Kerio released an update about 3 weeks later. During the time between the release of Snow Leopard and the update from Kerio, I told users to hold off upgrading. In this present situation, your customers need to not upgrade to Outlook 15. And even after Kerio is updated to support it, you should thoroughly test the new version to make sure that all of the functions that your customers need are working properly.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
Thunderbyte

I completely agree that nobody who needs to work with his Mac Outlook should install the new version right now. It is also still not released by MS for others except Office 365 owners. So it is still ok to not support it, as the number of people having O365 AND a Kerio account might be quite small.

As soon as it IS opened to the public, e.g. as part of a new 2015 Mac Office suite, I would however expect Kerio to support the new version days or weeks after release of O2015. Especially as OL15 has been available for quite some time now (almost 3 months).
Previous Topic: KOC offline version and outlook 2013
Next Topic: Mac Outlook 2011 rebuilds Identity after every reboot
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 03:55:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00499 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.