Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » autodiscover returns wrong server
  •  
dahuafschmied

Send a private message to this user
hi.

the mail server of a domain is: mail.domain.tld
a request to h.t.t.p.s://autodiscover.domain.tld/Autodiscover/Autodiscove r.xml returns
<Server>autodiscover.domain.tld</Server>
and now the iPhone configures the mailserver as: autodiscover.domain.tld
the connection to the mail server is funktional but not correkt. it should be mail.domain.tld like the configured in kerio mailserver as internet hostname.

i have tested the autodicover function it always returns the actual used domain naim.

why?
and how to change this?

dahuafschmied
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

The server name returned really depends on the target server used in request. It's because there can be multiple domains hosted on one server and there is no other way to distinguish which one should be returned.

If you want to change this behaviour, disable resolving of the name autodiscover.domain.tld and use the DNS record for _autodiscover._tcp.domain.tld as described in this KB article.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
dahuafschmied

hi pavel,
thank you for reply.
i have tested your suggestion.
its ok on mac os x mail with EWS. but on iphone i have to enter the mail server. we are using mostly iphones und spoken with admin words: everything a user can do wrong, will be done wrong.
any ideas?

i know it's just a little thing.

a setting in mailserver.cfg would be nice.

how is it solved at hosting providers?
domain1.com
domain2.com
a.s.o..
they also need mail.provider.com to be returned for all domains.

dahuafschmied
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I suggest to configure iPhone via the Integrations page on Kerio Connect. It creates all the accounts automatically using Apple profile.
Previous Topic: KOC / Outlook 2010 / Terminalserver
Next Topic: How to eliminate this pest?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 05:09:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.