Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » error 14 when restoring (got error 14 when restoring)
  •  
stivan21

Send a private message to this user
cannot save to Z (i dont know why it mentions drive Z, i have no Z drive.

i read on another post that it was because a folder name contained "..."

im trying to restore again with --verbose to see where the problem is.

if i happen to have the same problem ".." on a folder name, can i rename it right in the .ZIP file?

i no longer have access to old server, trying new installation from restore.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Ivan,

What is the full KMSRecover command you are using? Just kmsrecover [location of backups]? As this could be referencing the drives defined in the config files in the backup. So you might want to try restoring the backup to a different location so that it ignores the location in the config. Check out this article:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/archiving-and-backup/examples-of-data-recovery-in-kerio-c onnect-1141.html

In regards to the ".." on a folder name I do not see a problem with you renaming the folder inside the zip file is the software you use supports that function.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
stivan21

Dear Vicky,

thanks for your fast reply. I only used kmsrecover [location of backups]

i then tried running it with --verbose function. we have 3 domains and i manually stopped it when the current domain in use (last one is no longer used) was fully decompressed.

Mail server is working now.

I will try the restoring process again in a different computer and will set a different location as suggested, eventually.

THanks for your help.

Another question, if everything goes well when restoring to a different location, im i good by just copying the folder of the last old domain over to the current working Mailserver installation?

One last question: we are currently using Kerio 6.7 which i know is very old. We are insterested in updating it and also in a cloud based solution. Can you help me with that?

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2014 18:42]

Previous Topic: Access old emails from old offline file
Next Topic: instant messaging
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 00:54:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.