Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Free/Busy not available after the end of Dec (Missing Free/Busy details for next year)
  •  
Jmast

Send a private message to this user
For some reason when using the free busy feature with Outlook details of others schedules are not available after Dec 31. I did check and made sure that it is not a problem with the amount of time that is being published as set by user. When using webmail the attendees do show up with green check if available and red x if not available. Has anyone else having this problem in Outlook or know how to resolve it?

JM
  •  
ksnyder

Hi JM,

I've tested from Outlook for Mac 2011 and do not experience this problem. See attached screen shot. The red arrow is pointing to a bar that I needed to drag down in order to see the recipients. As you can see, their Free/Busy status is shown. What version of Outlook are you using? Kerio Connect? Etc?

[img]./fa/3669/0/[/img]

Ken Snyder
  •  
Jmast

I am using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7. This seems to be affecting all Outlook users. Kerio Connect version (8.3.4). I have uploaded a screenshot of what it looks like. I can see my calendar events, but any other's don't have any details after the first of the year.

JM

• Attachment: Free-Busy.jpg
    (Size: 51.46KB, Downloaded 223 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2014 14:03]

•  
ksnyder

Kerio Tech Support will be best suited to determine how this can be resolved for you and whether it is the same issue that I've seen in our Ticket history or if it is something slightly different. It is possible that the solution will require renaming and/or removing files. Please call Kerio Tech Support for further assistance with diagnosis & resolution.

Ken Snyder
  •  
ksnyder

Additional information:

By default free/busy data is available just two months in advance. In this case the two months would be November and December. You can change this by setting "OutlookFreeBusyInterval" to a higher value in the mailserver.cfg file. The value is an integer w/ default of 2.

What this appears to mean is that throughout the entire month of November, you'd only be able to see November & December free/busy.
- On Nov 1 you can see up to Dec 31
- On Nov 30 you can (still) see only up to Dec 31
- You cannot see Jan until the calendar month is Dec

Changing the value to 3 would give visibility into January (Nov, Dec, Jan...3 months)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2014 19:44]

Ken Snyder
  •  
magnus2711

Hi,

I have changed the value of the parameter OutlookFreeBusyInterval from 2 to 6.
So the user can see free/busy times in July for the next year.

Kind regards,

Marcus

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2014 15:45]

•  
Jmast

Yes I had checked the default value of publishing two months and did try changing this but that didn't make any difference. As you can see the screenshot was from 11-10-14, so two months would be past the first of the year anyway. Did see also that the free busy seems to working in webmail just not in Outlook.

JM
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Jmast wrote on Fri, 21 November 2014 15:58
Yes I had checked the default value of publishing two months and did try changing this but that didn't make any difference. As you can see the screenshot was from 11-10-14, so two months would be past the first of the year anyway. Did see also that the free busy seems to working in webmail just not in Outlook.

JM

Make sure that Kerio Connect server is stopped when changing the configuration file.
Two months are November and December so freebusy ends at the end of December.
  •  
Jmast

I was able to successfully stop the Kerio service, update the mail server config for "OutlookFreeBusyInterval" and that did make the difference in Outlook. Thanks Pavel and ksnyder.

JM
Previous Topic: Mail list & domain alias
Next Topic: Managing maillists with AD groups
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 15:35:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.