Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » time sync issues between iCal and Kerio server (sync issue between iMac and Kerio)
  •  
petri71

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

When I set a meeting on my computer (iMac running OS10.9.5), its shows up one hour earlier on my phone, on the Kerio server or any other calendar of people I invite to the meeting.
When I set the meeting on my phone (iPhone), The time is correct everywhere, even on my computer.
The time is set to Beijing (+8) on my computer
The time is set to Beijing (+8) on my iCal (version 7.0) preferences
The time is set to UTC+8 on my Kerio server settings
The time is set to Beijing (+8) on my iPhone 8.1
Timezone support is activated in iCal and iPhone.
Note :

Any meeting that I accept or made from the phone will be listed as UTC+8 on iCal. But any meeting created on iCal does not mention any UTC.

I have read over there :
hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080331022403598

that :
The reason this bug exists is because Exchange doesn't use standard compliant time zone information, but Apple does so, leading to two different time zone formats. As a result, iCal can't figure out what the correct time zone is from Exchange iCal invitations. Here's a quick example of the South African time zone differences between the two:

Exchange format: (GMT+02.00) Harare/Pretoria
iCal format: Africa/Johannesburg

Could this be the reason ? This thread is pretty old so maybe it's obsolete... and in this case my events should be 8 hours ahead, no 1 hour before...

any other experienced the same problem ? any suggestions are welcome..

thank you
  •  
petri71

Send a private message to this user
My provider just told me that Kerio's team reproduced the problem on their on side and issued a ticket, let's hope they can fix this soon, until then, I'll have to create all my events on the phone.... Smile
Previous Topic: Message dissapeared from server
Next Topic: 1 of 3 devices missing email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 12:40:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00364 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.