Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Security Rights public folder
  •  
Dirk_Fritzen

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we have a problem with the rights of the public folder. 40 Users are working on it and yesterday we lost a folder (60GB), because it was deleted.
Okay, we had a backup, that is not the problem, but for the future we want prevent this.
All "normal" Users should save their Mails in the public folders, but it should be not allowed to change or delete the messages oder Folders. Therefor we need a kind of admin-User.

I had the idea, that we solve the problem with Windows-Rights, but in the rightstructure of the public-folder i find only the System-User and the Admin-Group.
Do you have any idea?
  •  
ksnyder

You may want to check the Rights tab within your User Templates (if you have any) and the Rights tab within each of your User profiles. See attached screenshot.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Dirk_Fritzen

I know this function, but then the restricted user can't really work with this folder. The Users shall move their personal mails into the public folder, but deleting should be forbidden for the "standard-Users" in this folder.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2014 15:44]

•  
ksnyder

If the existing functionality requires an enhancement, I'd suggest a feature request. This can be done directly from the dashboard while logged in to Connect as an admin.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Archive no longer visible
Next Topic: Suggested Configuration for OS X 10.10 and Kerio 8.3.4?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 02:08:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.