Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SIP provider blocking our connection
  •  
mjackson

Send a private message to this user
We have had 2-3 instances of our SIP provider saying our IP (only used for the Kerio) is sending bad network traffic to their system causing them to block our connection. Each time rebooting the Kerio clears the bad traffic.

What should I look for in my logs to help find this problem.

I am running the most current update.

EDIT: I am seeing the following error in my logs around the time of the problem. https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Retransmissio ns#012Packet

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2014 21:16]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

you will have to specify what they mean by "bad traffic". The best approach is to start packet sniffer, wait until the "bad traffic" happens and then send the packet dump my way to <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com>.

Best
Filip
  •  
mjackson

My understand is they are receiving request for calls like in a loop, like hundreds a minute. We are on an unlimited trunk plan so you can see why they would have to block that IP.

Of course, we do not even have that many users and the most calls we ever have at one time is maybe 10.

I looked back at my logs and I found that same error above in the time frame of another instance if this.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

If you see numerous re-transmissions, the possible cause might be one-way traffic. Your signalling packets make it to the SIP service provider but the service provider's responses are lost en route.

What is the Operator machine's connection to the Internet? How many firewalls and/or "smart" switches? (We've seen cases where the "smart" switch was the culprit.)

As Filip mentioned above, the packet dump should help us shed some light on it.
Previous Topic: stick outbound interface to extension
Next Topic: phones not always ringing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 12:55:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.