Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error Message: Cannot create new worker thread: (12) Cannot allocate memory
  •  
thahn

Send a private message to this user
hi all,

we have permanently errors like this. our kerio connect goes down 2-3 times daily.

[21/Nov/2014 10:55:48] KThreadPool.cpp: Cannot create new worker thread: (12) Cannot allocate memory
[21/Nov/2014 10:55:50] Last message repeated 22 times
[21/Nov/2014 10:55:50] KThreadPool.cpp: Cannot create new worker thread: (12) Cannot allocate memory
[21/Nov/2014 10:55:50] KThreadPool.cpp: Cannot create new worker thread: (12) Cannot allocate memory
[21/Nov/2014 10:55:52] Last message repeated 18 times

our hardware is a fresh apple 64bit MacPro 6core with 32 GB RAM (!!), SSD and a thunderbold2 promise raid.
all hardware works fine and very very quick.

we have 430 active mailboxes. kerio is the last version 8.3.4 patch 1 (3377)
any ideas for a real solution. the kerio support here in europe is no help.

best, thomas
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This message usually indicates that the process consumes too much memory or other system resources (eg. opened files)-. What is the ticket number from our eSupport?

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
thahn

hi pavel,

thanks for your quick answer.

in the debug log i see the limits, how can i extend this?
and how i can limit the number of files in a folder? because i think this is the real problem, kerio kills the service if a user have more as a number of files in a folder.

Current system limits: 10240 opened files, 1024.00 kB stack size
(for a server with 32 GB RAM this is really small)

the bug/ error reports:
i try to send a error report via via the webinterface after a crash. the answer from the support team was "This error is connected to any engine problem, not Web Administration Module.". ok, i try to send a bug report via the control dashboard, the answer was "Methode ist für diesen Release Typ deaktiviert". its a bug, but ok, also not possible. after than i send a bug report to our kerio partner in munich, for today here was no answer and solution.

the error log message (Cannot allocate memory) is for us a problem since half a year and we invest 15.000 usd in new server-hardware. but now the problem is the same. what is the solution for us?

thanks in advance, thomas
  •  
thahn

hi all,

i need to come back with our problems, we have the same error messages again and again.

is here any solution for us or is here a user also with this error message?
KThreadPool.cpp: Cannot create new worker thread: (12) Cannot allocate memory
Last message repeated 101 times

thanks! thomas
  •  
thahn

ok, we double our native RAM up to 64 GB in a real native server, no VM. the error message for too low memory is the same.

KThreadPool.cpp: Cannot create new worker thread: (12) Cannot allocate memory
Last message repeated 47 times

this problem is old and we send some bug reports to kerio (for example this here this week - RUE-943133), we try to talk with kerio, we invest thousends of dollars in new hardware, include kerio control box. but from kerio self here is no answer, no help, no solution.

kerio wrote self about the enterprise market, but our solution with only 510 mailboxes does not work. kerio, this is not enterprise, this is a small solution and your support for your solutions now is a disaster.

we wait for help again.
thanks, thomas
Previous Topic: Problem With PlugIn Antispam & Antivirus
Next Topic: Outlook 2011 does not delete sent items
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Feb 26 06:25:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01068 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.