Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sort order of calendars on Mac
  •  
edu-danmark-it

Send a private message to this user
Dear Kerio Team

Regarding Kerio Connect, version 8.3.4 patch 1 (3377)
We are happy about the product and use it extensively every day to support our calendar and mail needs.

I have two strong wishes that would improve the overview and thereby efficiency:

A:
Sorting of the calendars:
We would love to be able to sort calendars either alphabetically or in a custom order, defined by the administrator (me).
On our Mac clients (running 10.8.5), the Calendar app (Version 6.0 (1648)) seem to show my own calendar first (GOOD), then the public folder we use for company overview, then the user added most recently, etc. There is no sense for us in this order. Apart from my own calendar, I can rearrange the calendars, but they pop back into their previous place on refresh.
I know Apple went away from using folders/groups of calendars a while ago (around the time of the switch to MobileMe CalDAV). And we don't need to group calendars that much, but sorting according to teams (Management, Marketing...) would make great sense.

B:
Calendar colour:
Also here, the ability to centrally manage the colour of a calendar would be a great improvement. It is no realistic to have each user choose a consistent colour, so again, that would be my duty. As of now, I can display my calendar in purple on Kerio Connect client, brown on the Mac, green on iPhone, red on iPad. The same colour on all devices would be top priority. And the ability to select a colour for each user in the admin interface would be so great.

Thank you,
Jens Rasmussen
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

edu-danmark-it wrote on Fri, 21 November 2014 15:39

Calendar colour:
Also here, the ability to centrally manage the colour of a calendar would be a great improvement. It is no realistic to have each user choose a consistent colour, so again, that would be my duty. As of now, I can display my calendar in purple on Kerio Connect client, brown on the Mac, green on iPhone, red on iPad. The same colour on all devices would be top priority. And the ability to select a colour for each user in the admin interface would be so great.

Thank you,
Jens Rasmussen

Make sure you're using CalDAV everywhere (Mac , iPad, iPhone) and the calendar color should be the same in all clients. Exchange ActiveSync, for example, does not support calendar colors and iPhone asisgns random color for the calendar.
  •  
edu-danmark-it

OK, thank you. We are using ActiveSync for reasons such as easy setup - the approach you recommend using Safari on the iPhone, thereby creating a profile and so on - and security - the ability to remote wipe.
We can live with 'random' calendar colour on iOS.
On the Mac, is it correct that Calendar app (Version 6.0 (1648)) in version 10.8.5 does not support this? Because we are surely using CalDAV on this platform, again set up using Kerio Connect Account Assistant.

Issue A is way more important. I imagine that you could influence the sort order by reindexing the calendar list for each user, since the most recently added calendar seems to end up above the other ones.

Thanks,
Jens
  •  
edu-danmark-it

No news on this? I would like to create a poll but can't figure out how.
  •  
ksnyder

From within Connect's Admin console and the Dashboard screen, please select the "Suggest Idea" button and submit your suggestion for topic A that you've described. Check to see if anyone has already made the suggestion and if so, comment and vote.

Ken Snyder
  •  
edu-danmark-it

On which version of Mac OS X does the sorting appear in the same way as in Kerio Connect client? I see the names sorted perfectly in Kerio Connect client and would like the same on the Mac.
  •  
fishtech

I'm using Yosemite calendar (OSX 10.10.x) and I can drag the calendars into my preferred order and they will stick.

In earlier versions the order could be change but would not be retained across refreshes.

I don't think the order of calendars in Calendar app reflects the order in Connect Client.

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2015 14:27]

•  
edu-danmark-it

Thanks. So they don't appear alphabetically at first? If you add a new colleague, you will still have to drag it to the proper position? As per my original post, this could be an advantage, as you would possibly want the managers first, then each team/dept. and so on.
  •  
miker789

Edu-danmark-it,

We fought with this also. Short answer is OS X 10.9.5 or higher and the sort order sticks.

Every version of OS X 10.8 did not fix it and I think the combination of Kerio Connect 8.3.0 and OS X 10.9 or higher was buggy enough that there were problems.

So Kerio 8.3.? update and OS X 10.9 fixed it. Not thrilled with OS 10.9.5 but it at least works compared to the very buggy OS X 10.10.2.

Hope this helps.

Mike
  •  
edu-danmark-it

It does help. But it is still up to the user to sort the calendars? Not automatic alphabetic order? No way to manage the sort order as an admin?
Thanks,
Jens
  •  
fishtech

My experience s that you are correct.

There is no way for the admin to define the order of calendars. I don't think there is a way for an admin to add calendars for the users either - each user must do that individually through the web interface.

The order of calendars is not automatically alphabetical.

I think the calendars are presented in the order that are added to the user's account through the web interface. The latest calendar added is always at the bottom of the list in OSX Calendar app.

The user can reorganize the calendar order as they wish once calendars have been added..

I miss being able to group calendars from earlier version of OSX. I used to have groups like Sales, Production, Executives, etc, and turn all the calendars on/off for the group in one click.

I think many of these changes in OS Calendar app have come about by Apple trying to be more standards-compliant in their implementation of vCalendar format.

Note that users can't reorganize calendars in the Kerio Connect web interface - calendars can only be presented in alphabetical order in the web interface.

hth,

ft.

•  
edu-danmark-it

Thanks, fishtech,
I also miss grouping.
I now updated to 10.9, necessitated by FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced. This makes my desired custom sorting available, but still only one user at a time.
Regards,
Jens
  •  
fishtech

Re. FileMaker.... I am always interested in ways to integrate FileMaker with Kerio apps. Are you doing anything in this area?

(Perhaps pm reply!)

Thanks,

ft.
Previous Topic: SMTP relay to Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Public Folder Addresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 02:11:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.