Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » removing attachments from multiple mails (cleanup save space attachments)
  •  
jahnthom

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
is there any way to remove the attachments from many emails at once?

for some reason my users have to attache some big attachments to many of their outgoing mails.

the problem: the attachments are not that important, but the mail has to be stored. so large emails cant be deleted completely.

what i want to do is mark some hundred e-mails in the "sent items" folder for example and delete their attachments.
i have lots of accounts with 50G-100G, but it's said, that E-Mails can't be deleted completely..

[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2014 13:55]

•  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi Jahnthom

I'm sorry to say that there's no real easy way to do this. I have read that the Thunderbird mail client can do a mass 'detach' of attachments from mails, it basically allows you to save them, as it removes them from the mails you select, but I've not tested this.

it might be worth you just getting the user's to archive off the sent items folder, and clearing this folder up.

I would also suggest setting an attachment limit for users so that they consider compressing attachments.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
ComputerBudda

If you use Outlook as your email client there are several packages that can remove and save attachments in a windows environment. I've used http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_attachment.html with Kerio and it works great.
  •  
jahnthom

thanks for answers!

most people here are using apple mail.. but i'll try thunderbird. maybe it's a way to install that additionally and from time to time have a look at the accounts that way..
Previous Topic: iCal/CalDav link for Outlook
Next Topic: Message rejected (requires authentication)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Feb 27 00:31:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11150 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.