Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Accessing Internal server with external IP from inside (How to access local server using external ip behind Kerio Control)
  •  
Reinaldo

Send a private message to this user
A customer is requesting this functionality.
Is there a way to access a local server using a public (external) IP address?
This internal server can be accessed from external IPs but when trying to access it from the same local network using the external IP then it is not working.

This can be referred to as Loopback or NAT Reflection in other solutions.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Reinaldo

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2014 17:46]

•  
Reinaldo

Nobody??? Is there anyone with similar problem?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2014 20:44]

•  
Dukeman

How are your traffic rules defined? I've got the same situation working without any problems...

I've defined a rule which does some destination NAT to my internal webserver IP, the Source is set to ANY and Destination is Firewall and an IP Address group containing my external IP (the last is probably unnecessary) .

When I internally browse to a webaddress which (internally) resolves to the outside IP, Kerio forwards it to the internal system...
  •  
Reinaldo

HI Dukeman,

Thanks for your help. I have all the NATs/MAPs in place but it does not work.
But after test different options (we have 2 different Internet links in load balance mode) we found a way and for those interested in this topic this is what works for us:
Simply crete a rule as:
Source: Any (or Local Network)
Destination: the_external_known_name (i.e., example.com)
Services: HTTP/HTTPS (choose the service you need) - You can create as many rules as the number of internal servers is
IP: Any (or choose the one you need v4 or v6)
Action: Enabled
Translation: choose Destination NAT, fill in the internal IP and define the port (if it is different from the external port used)
APPLY!
Be safe!
Reinaldo

[Updated on: Fri, 28 November 2014 13:43]

Previous Topic: Kerio VPN constant disconnect
Next Topic: Kerio 8.4.2 and server 2012 terminal
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu May 25 10:49:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01175 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.