Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Message rejected (requires authentication) (Cannot receive messages to an own domain accountfrom Blackberry phone)
  •  
Gaby

Send a private message to this user
I'm having the following error:

{smtps} SMTP: Message from IP address X.X.X.X was rejected because of missing authentication for local domain sender <abc<_at_>xxx.com>.

every time I try to send a message from a Blackberry phone. This only occurs if the recipient is an account of my own domain (xxx.com in the example).

Thanks in advance!

G.
  •  
ksnyder

The Blackberry device is likely violating one of your SMTP Server Setting rules:

Try the following, one at-a-time:
1. Make sure your SMTP Server Settings are suitable for your use case (Relay Control / Security Options)
2. Add ip x.x.x.x to your local clients group
3. Un-tick "reject messages with spoofed local domain sender identity"

Please be sure that any changes you make are compliant with your corporate email security policy.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Gaby

I patched it in the following way:

In configuration --> Security --> Sender Policy

I've un-ticked "reject messages with spoofed local domain sender identity"

Then in "Never reject messages from this IP address group" I've added the IP interval of Research In Motion servers (took the list from RIM itself).

Do you think this could be a dangerous security breach?

Thanks again.

G.
  •  
ksnyder

See if you can get away with just the 2nd rule that applies to the RIM IP addresses and if you can continue to reject messages with spoofed local domain sender identity.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Gaby

With "2nd rule" you mean not adding the RIM's IP interval as exclusion? If that is the case, I have to say that the only way to make this work was just adding this exclusion interval. I'm not comfortable with it, though. I feel it as a security breach...
Previous Topic: removing attachments from multiple mails
Next Topic: tmp folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 04:00:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.