Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Keeping it up to date (KOC manual upgrade ballache)
  •  
ipadmin

Send a private message to this user
We are running Kerio Connect 8.2.4 and want to upgrade to 8.3.4, the only thing stopping me from doing this is i have around 50 users using the KOC (some of which are remote) that will need the KOC updating. last time we upgraded it took two of us half a day to go round all of the PC terminals running this update.

Is there a more efficient way of deploying the most recent KOC to my active directory environment i.e. using a GPO?

Thanks in advance.

Ben
  •  
ksnyder

http://kb.kerio.com/1464 has info.

You can enable automatic updates on the server (Config-->Advanced Options-->Software Updates).

Ken Snyder
  •  
BudDurland

Is there a rule of thumb that defines when an update to the offline connector is required? Obviously, from a major version (8.xx -> 9.xx) would require it. I would suspect that a patch (8.21 ->8.22) would not. The real question is a "point release" (8.2x -> 8.3x).

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
ksnyder

The release notes will identify changes to KOC. The release history is at http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-connect/release-history. There's a specific section in each release that lists changes to KOC.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2014 20:50]

Ken Snyder
  •  
ipadmin

Thanks for your response Ksnyder. can you confirm in principal the following; with the automatic updates enables on our 8.2.4 Kerio Connect server that the users with non admin rights will be able to update the KOC without intervention from me?

What i am hoping is that i can pre warn the users that the following morning there will be a request on screen to update their KOC and all they need to do is click "OK"

Thanks
  •  
ksnyder

KOC updates do not require any special privileges, so you won't need to intervene at all.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Different relay SMTP server per domain
Next Topic: Cannot receive from Mailchimp since 8.2.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Feb 23 08:00:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00935 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.