Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Benefits from moving from Kerio's Connect appliance to an UBUNTU Virtual server
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I set up some times ago a Kerio Connect appliance 32bit (downloaded from kerio's website).

I'm wondering if there is any performance benefit moving to an UBUNTU Server 64bit with VMXNET3 nic and paravirtuel SCSI devices ?

It will nice to have some advices

Thank you
  •  
Vicky Tripp

Hi Stephane,

From a regular workload point of view Kerio Connect 64 bit really only benefits large installations for example anything over 100+ users. Also the 64 bit version will benefit people that suffer from running out of memory on their current MailServer machine.

So my advice would be to only move to 64 bit if you A, have a lot of users and B, have a very busy server that needs access to more memory that a 64 bit architecture can offer.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Hi Vicky,

We are currently hosting 4 domains and about 250 users.
What are the "basic" steps to move Kerio from one server to another one ?
  •  
Vicky Tripp

Hi Stephane,

We have a migration article that would cover the steps you would need to perform:

http://kb.kerio.com/360

This should give you all the information you need to move to a new machine/OS.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Previous Topic: Limits for one Account
Next Topic: ASyncMoveItems.cpp: ActiveSyncMessageToMove::fromWbXml: Missing required element in request
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jun 23 05:31:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.