Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Failed to get user's personal contact. (Trouble creating new user.)
  •  
Basically Run

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone, this is my first post here on the forum. I've never had problems creating a new email user in Kerio until today, when I'm getting a "Failed to get user's personal contact" dialog box. I create the user in AD as usual, go into the Kerio admin webpage, and try to edit the new user who has just showed up. That's when the dialog appears. I click OK on the dialog and then the webpage just hangs. I get impatient after about five minutes and reload the webpage in order to move forward. Do I need to give it longer or is there something else wrong?

Thanks!
  •  
Vicky

Hi Trenton,

Have you upgraded the server recently and not upgraded the Kerio AD Extensions? Sometimes odd behavior like this can happen if the server and Kerio AD Extensions are not on the same version.

Also does this happen only in a certain browser? Have you tried in a different one?

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Basically Run

Hi Vicky,

I'm not sure what changed over the weekend, but my first attempt to access the user's account today succeeded. Whatever problem I had seems to have disappeared on its own.

Not to leave you hanging, I'll still answer your questions:

(1) No, we hadn't upgraded the server or Kerio AD Extensions recently. We upgraded the server in September and I've created several new accounts with no problems until Friday.

(2) I used the same browser that I had always used (Chrome), but if I see this problem again I'll try a different browser next time.

Thanks for the reply!
Trent
  •  
etan

I also created an account in AD and when I try to modify the account in Kerio Connect, I'm getting a Failed to get user's personal contact as well. I updated the email server to 8.4 a month ago and never had issues. I was always able to create an account in AD and modify user settings in Kerio. This only seem to apply to new accounts i've been trying to create. I updated the AD connector to the latest version available hoping it would resolve my issue to no avail. I tried Safari and Firefox browsers and the process would just freeze and I would end up force quitting out of both browsers. I will be rebooting the email server and AD after hours tonight. can you advise what else i can do on my end to resolve this issue in case the reboot doesn't work.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Performance
Next Topic: Syslog formats changed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 06:35:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.