Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Linux Server Migrate
  •  
diaste

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I want to migrate my kerio server from ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit to ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit.

I informed about KB of kerio and the steps are:

backups the old server
install new server
install same version of kerio on newserver
stop the service kerio
move backup to the new server
restore backup
restart service kerio

I've done this procedure, unfortunately when I connect in webmail I get random errors:

The folder ~user<_at_>example.com/Contacts is already reindex. Please try again later.
The folder ~user<_at_>example.com/Calendars is already reindex. Please try again later.
The folder ~user<_at_>example.com/Folder_X is already reindex. Please try again later.

In the past I had similar problems in the migration from windows to linux, I had resolved by deleting from every user the file specguid.fld and directory __keriomapi__STORE but this time seems not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Obviously now I am in a test environment so I can do all the tests you want.

Hello and thanks
  •  
ksnyder

Did you attempt to manually trigger a re-index of the mailbox for that user? http://kb.kerio.com/536

Ken Snyder
  •  
My IT Indy

use rsync, much easier.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
diaste

@ksnyder: I did not know this feature! I immediately test!
thanks

@HoosierMac: I do not understand what you mean with rsync, can you explain?
  •  
My IT Indy

if you rsync the datastore from the live server and the test environment you can migrate MUCH easier and quickly. Minimal downtime and no issues like you are seeing now.

Something like this:

rsync -avz -e ssh --delete --ignore-errors /opt/kerio/mailserver/* root@newserverip:/opt/kerio/mailserver

Then copy over the other necessary files like the mailserver.cfg, users.cfg, the license keys and SSL certs and you should be good.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
diaste

my server is a virtual machine with 2 disk, the first is system disk, the second is datastore.

Can I format the first disk with new version of ubutnu, install kerio same version, point datastore to second disk, copy mailserver.cfg, users.cfg, the license keys and SSL certs and it's works?

I do the tests even with this solution

Thanks
  •  
diaste

I tested both solutions, both works but one proposed by HoosierMac is faster and did not give any problem.

Actually I did not do the rsync but I overwritten the system disk and leave intact the data disk.

install the new system, install kerio, move the config file, update kerio took me less than an hour, with backup and restore the required time exceeded 12 hours, I would say a big difference!

thanks a lot
Previous Topic: German: Mails werden auf internen Domains nicht zugestellt
Next Topic: Kerio cal licences
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 19:29:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.