Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio cal licences (Licensing)
  •  
jannemec

Send a private message to this user
Hello, just simple question(s)
1. can I run the Korio Connect on windows 7 machine (100mailboxes) - or the MS licensing deny to use W7 for this purpose
2. Do I have to purchase cal licences for users is I am running the Kerio on W7 (or on W2012 server)?
Thnx
JN
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Both questions are for Microsoft, not for this forum.

Technically? 1. Yes, 2. No.
Legally? You need to ask Microsoft. They don't have a firm opinion on this either. In general, you should not run server services on Windows 7 and you need CALs for all the clients(users) connecting to Kerio Connect on Windows Server.
  •  
Maerad

I also might add that there are some limits on windows 7 like only 10 or 20 concurrent connections etc.

If you wanna test 100 mailboxes, sure, why not - if the tech limits are no problem. If your question is for a productive environment ... please ask for external help. There's more to it then just the OS. You need a full server with a raid system, enough RAM, CPU Power, Support/Maintenance for 5 years etc.

A software raid wont do it - what would happen if the "server" is offline/hardware failure? The data is lost because the hdd died?

There is a reason you can buy server OS, those are not for ms to just generate money.

And if you use a server os, you need a license for any device accessing your network/ms server service OR user cal per user that has access to the network. User = Real person, not account like one for 20 ppl = 1 User cal (in that case a device cal would be better). Fpr MS Licensing read google alot and/or ask for external help. It's all but easy. For kerio ... 1 user = one mailbox. Done.
Previous Topic: Linux Server Migrate
Next Topic: Custom logo for mobile devices
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 13:28:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00339 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.