Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » End of Microsoft Entourage 2004 and 2008 support (Announcement about upcoming EOL for Microsoft Entourage clients in Q1/2015)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Microsoft Entourage 2004 and Microsoft Entourage 2008 is no longer supported by its vendor since April 2013. This means these clients may not run on current and future OS X systems. Also there is no support or bugfixes available.

Because of this, new Kerio Connect versions starting with version 8.5 (Q1/2015) will not support Microsoft Entourage clients. This means Kerio will not test compatibility of Microsoft Entourage with Kerio Connect (both IMAP and Exchange WebDAV protocols) and cannot guarantee a complete functionality with this client.

Alternatives for Microsoft Entourage are: Microsoft Outlook 2011 or Kerio Connect client.

Resources:
http://www.officeformachelp.com/2013/01/office-for-mac-2008- support-ends-april-2013/
http://support2.microsoft.com/lifecycle/default.aspx?LN=en-u s&x=8&y=10&p1=12853

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2016 10:49]

•  
Think Fixed

I'm happy about this. Entourage was horrible, and so is Outlook 2011. These apps were very poorly designed, and they do not handle large mailboxes very well. Every Mac that I work on that has Entourage or Outlook 2011 installed is littered with old database backup files left over from multiple database corruption incidents. Apple's Mail app has been a bit buggy for the last two OS X releases, but at least it does not plague users with constant database corruptions and crashes.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
bigmountain

Has anyone run into any problems with Entourage as of yet with Connect 8.5? I think I have maybe 4-5 users running Entourage and want to move them off of it prior to upgrading. But, if it seems to work, I can give them a little more time to migrate to a new app. Thanks!

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
Think Fixed

bigmountain wrote on Sat, 23 May 2015 22:36
Has anyone run into any problems with Entourage as of yet with Connect 8.5? I think I have maybe 4-5 users running Entourage and want to move them off of it prior to upgrading. But, if it seems to work, I can give them a little more time to migrate to a new app. Thanks!

You should definitely move them off since Kerio Connect 8.5 does not support Entourage.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
travisdcc

Is there any way to tell which client application is connecting to the server in the server interface? I don't think my client has anyone left using Entourage, but would like to double check through the server.

Thanks.
  •  
Think Fixed

travisdcc wrote on Tue, 10 November 2015 17:12
Is there any way to tell which client application is connecting to the server in the server interface? I don't think my client has anyone left using Entourage, but would like to double check through the server.

Thanks.

Wait until they start complaining Laughing Serioulsy though, the Active Connections section in the Kerio admin might help you. I don't remember if Entourage would show up as a WebDAV or EWS client. The problem is that Outlook 2011 and 2016 will probably show up the same way. You should definitely tell your client it's time to upgrade, and if they can't or won't, there's also webmail. Webmail is greatly improved in Kerio Connect 9.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Enable "HTTP Server" messages in the Debug log, and search for "User-Agent header" messages.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Think Fixed

Pavel Špalek (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 04 December 2015 02:42
Enable "HTTP Server" messages in the Debug log, and search for "User-Agent header" messages.

Thanks Pavel. I'm about to ugprade one of my servers to Kerio Connect 9, and I suspect there may be some customers who are using Outlook 2003, which is no longer supported.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: Kerio IMAP Migration Tool
Next Topic: Kerio Connect user issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:32:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.