Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate mails
  •  
Peter van Dam

Send a private message to this user
Dear Support,

I have a customer with a small Kerio Connect configuration (15 users) with strange mailbox behaviour in one account.
It's an account where a lot of mail comes in daily, but for 2 years all went well.
Since 1 week mails that come in gets duplicated. Sometimes 10 times or so. In the log files I see the mail only once but in the client (also in the Kerio web client) I see a lot of the same mails.

The folder count of this mailaddress is also very high (around Cool. The inbox was very heavy (11.000 mails)
I renamed the inbox so as to start with a clean one. I trashed the .journal.db and renamed the index.fld files.

The mailserver is on a MacMini with OS 10.8.3. Kerio version is 8.4.0 (3525)

The concerning mailaddress is accessed by 5 clients with Outlook for Mac 2011.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Hello Peter,
clearing Inbox is definitely a good idea, but renaming folder in message store is not (I expect you renamed it directly in filesystem because there is no client that allows renaming Inbox). Folders in EWS protocol are identified using GUID (not by name), which is saved in status.fld, so the result of such operation is not reliable (new Inbox should keep the old GUID and renamed one should receive a new GUID). But if you see empty Inbox in Outlook, it probably turned out well. High number of folders shouldn't be problem in this case.
In case of the heavy loaded folder it can happen that Outlook sends the request repeatedly due to timeout, but I don't know any operation resulting in CreateItem request on Inbox.
I suggest to enable logging as described here:
http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=1053
and check for repeated CreateItem requests.
Check also error and warning log on the server.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
  •  
Peter van Dam

Thanks,

I just did, but this is for the Entourage problem. Do you think it will also work for Outlook?
We will wait and see.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is not about this particular Entourage fix. There are more bugfixes, some of them may help to solve this issue.
Previous Topic: email forwards but not in inbox
Next Topic: Restrict client based on OS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 15:06:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.