Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Office 2011, Connect 8.4, Sent folder Syncing
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Send a private message to this user
I have a customer with Outlook 2011, 14.4.6, OS X 10.9.5 and hosted connect 8.4

Everything is working find with the exception of the "Sent" folder. When changes are made to the "Sent" folder, i.e. messages are moved to other folders, the changes aren't 'Sync'd' to the server. All the other folders are working fine.

I have rebuilt the Outlook database, done a force sync, had the connect server restarted. Nothing changed. Not sure what else I can do.

Is anyone else seeing this. If so, has anyone found a fix or is this a known bug.

Thanks.

Happy Holidays.

Len Levin
Business Systems Consulting
Wakefield, MA 01880
781-683-4040
  •  
ksnyder

What happens if you close Outlook after the move and then re-open Outlook? Is the move committed/completed as expected? Are the affected accounts set up as IMAP or Exchange accounts? If IMAP, this could be the result of behavioral differences between EXPUNGE and what we traditionally think occurs with a move/delete process.

Ken Snyder
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

It is an Exchange account . Seemed to be working fine before upgrading to Connect 8.4.

Stop & start of Outlook doesn't appear to have any effect.

Thanks.

Happy Holidays.

Len Levin
Wakefield, MA 01880
781-683-4040

•  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Ken,

I just saw this happen with my Inbox. I asked my hosting company if they have heard any complaints about this on either platform. The answer was "No". The version is 8.3.4 patch 1 (3377). Do you if anyone else has reported this as a problem?

If not I am going to submit a ticket.

Thanks.

Len Levin
Wakefield, MA 01880
781-683-4040
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

This problem appears since Outlook 2011 v 14.4.6. We are investigating this issue (message moved from the folder is copied to the target folder, but not deleted in the source folder).

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Pavel,

Thanks for getting back to me. Is there a work around to deal with this until there is an update to Connect?

Thanks.

Len Levin
Wakefield, MA 01880
781-683-4040
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Unfortunately there is no known workaround. Only downgrade to the previous Outlook version (definitely this it's caused by changed Outlook behaviour, not by Connect).

Pavel Špalek
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Pavel,

Again thanks for the reply.

I searched for a way to downgrade and found this.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-m acoutlook/outlook-for-mac-2011-1445-sent-items-sync-issue/40 67c85a-bb48-455e-bf84-7d0ae4c20081

Looks like Microsoft is going to fix things on their end.

Thanks.

Len Levin
Wakefield, MA 01880
781-683-4040
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Thanks for the link, it's good to know.

Pavel Špalek
Previous Topic: SMTP and SMTP Submission
Next Topic: Failed to check database
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 29 02:24:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00469 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.