Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Replacing damaged or broken nic without loosing traffic rules (Replacing damaged or broken nic without loosing traffic rules)
  •  
deftoner

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys! I had this problem before. After a big storm one nic from my server get damaged (no link). First time this happened to me was the windows version of Kerio Control, I found random gy with a nice guide on how to replace the nic hardware ID from kerio configuration to keep the traffic rules after replacing the broken nic.

Now, I'm on kerio control linux, I replaced the NIC an now its a new nic on kerio. No way to "right click and replace board with" or something like this

This specific nic had like 20 rules that I replace by hand (I cant wat for a solution) but I really want to know if this happen in the future. And for example, if my entire server had a physical problem and I replace it with another one, If I restore the configuration backup I will be in the same problem (making do backups a useless tool).

Thanks for the time.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2015 19:12]

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

The backup import process allows you to associate old interfaces with new ones. Refer to the "Import configuration" section in KB 1308 http://kb.kerio.com/1308

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
nhoague

I have a problem with this. Yes, the import did import all my rules and custom settings. BUT, none of my IP addresses from the ISP came in. I am replacing a control file and my customer has 3 ISP's, so luckily I can screenshot all of that, but it sure would be nice if I didnt have to! Smile

The interfaces are shown in the import wizard, and the original IPs as well, but after restore, the control box still has the default 10.10.10.1 for the LAN and none of the ISP addresses. Am I doing something wrong?
  •  
nhoague

Previous Topic: VPN Tunel
Next Topic: Changing ipsec ik/esp params through web interface
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Feb 26 06:27:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02164 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.