Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Tasks reminder
  •  
beachmat

Send a private message to this user
There is a regular task in our office for which I wanted to create a reminder for several people, and I'm finding the situation between different clients rather confusing. Connect Client does not seem to support assigning tasks at all. If you assign a task in Outlook the assigned person receives an email with an attached file which seems to be Outlook-specific and doesn't mean anything to Connect Client or old webmail. However old webmail seems to support assigning tasks via coworkers and I'm not sure how that fits in with Outlook or Connect client. In the end I created an event in my calendar in Client which seems to be working, but it is a task rather than an event. Just to add to the mix, Outlook also has appointment and meetings which don't seem to be an option in webmail or Client. Is there any information clarifying this anywhere? I can't find any in the manual or kb.
  •  
NorthernAlberta

I've looked into this too, and right now I think the answer is: Neither of the web clients can do it.

The old web interface 'kinda' did task assignment, but only in a very limited way. The person who first created the task could update it, but the people who were assigned the task were read-only. Not very useful.

The new web client doesn't appear to have any ability to assign tasks whatsoever. The closes would be to share a task list, but that doesn't really work for more situations.

I don't think this is very high on Kerio's priority list. The only think I can recommend would be to make an entry for it in their 'Suggest an Idea' page. You can get to it through the MailServer admin page by clicking the 'Suggest an Idea' button at the very bottom.
  •  
beachmat

Right, thanks. For the "event" I created in the calendar in Connect client, the people who I invited as attendees received an email but Outlook says it is not in the calendar. But it seems to be in their task list. As I say, all rather confusing.
  •  
ksnyder

In Outlook an "appointment" is simply a personal activity on your calendar with no other attendees such as "go grocery shopping". In Connect client, you just click on the day/time, add your subject & notes and leave it at that. It's the equivalent of creating an appointment in Outlook. If you want it to be a meeting, add attendee's. It's possible that Microsoft has overcomplicated things by offering separate appointment and meeting workflows.

As with a number of mail servers, the concept of "Tasks" in Connect is focused around the personal to-do list. CRM systems offer the ability to assign tasks to colleagues and provide full reporting that is typically desirable in such a circumstance.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Access Points requirements
Next Topic: Using Kerio as an archive destination
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 03:50:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.