Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Two questions about 8.4 (Honest, I tried to solve these on my own)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
We've recently upgraded to 8.4, and will be migrating a subsidiary's e-mail from Exchange to Kerio Connect. Prepping for that activity has brought up two items I haven't been able to figure out:

1 - This version of KC has extended contact information when I create a user -- title, address, phone number, etc. Can my existing users update this on their own? I have nearly 400 user accounts, and really don't want to have to do this as an administrator.

2 - When importing new users from a csv file, is there any way to automatically import the value for "mail forwarding"? In my tests, appeared not. However, I will need it for the Exchange migration.

Thanks

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
ksnyder

1. Are you using Active Directory? You'd be able to import the accounts from there. My understanding is that Connect would map the title, address, phone, etc. attributes from AD. There's no means for allowing an end user to modify their own contact record through the WebMail Client, but my understanding is that if you enabled some kind of self-update that went through AD, those changes would sync to Connect.

2. I think you're right on this. If you do an export, you'll see that the column heading is 'EmailForwarding' and that the specified forwarding address is exported. That said, for your use case of IMPORTING - the fields available for import are more limited. If you import against a User Template that has a forwarding address defined, then the imported user does inherit the forwarding address defined in the User Template. Perhaps developer can comment on why the Email Forwarding attribute is not available for the purpose you're seeking - it's beyond the scope of my knowledge at the moment.

Ken Snyder
  •  
BudDurland

@ksnyder;

Unfortunately, we have three sites, and thus 3 active directory domains. I really expected there to be some sort of "update my contact information" functionality in the Kerio client.

Regarding the import, this isn't a real big deal. But, for the next version of KC, it would be handy if the import field options were expanded to include forwarding and Access policy fields.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Centos 7 sendmail command line using alternatives
Next Topic: Connection to SMTP server x.y.z lost: connection closed by remote host
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Apr 24 17:11:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00918 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.