Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Upgrade Kerio Connect 7.4.3 Build 7813 to Control 8.4.2 build 2869 Appliance (Looking for best practice\upgrade path)
  •  
Greenhorse

Send a private message to this user
My predecessor built our Kerio environment on a Windows 2003 server (a multipurpose fileserver, which I will need to retire soon). I want to migrate to the latest Kerio Control Appliance version (8.4.2) on a virtual machine. I have built out a test device to see what's different and it's interface is surprisingly different. If what I am reading is correct, I should be able to port the configuration file directly from the Windows box and copy in the old mail to the message store. I don't however see anything that clearly states that this is the correct (best practice) path for this specific type of port. My question is should I upgrade the server first to the current Windows version? Or do I port to an older version of the appliance? Can I just directly upgrade, straight away, with no intermediate steps? Any tips would be appreciated.

The Greenhorse
  •  
markt

First thing to clarify - you are referencing migrating from CONNECT to CONTROL - 2 distinctly different products - as you refer to mail store further down your post I assume this is an error?

I only have experience with Control but we have migraed a Windows 7.4.2 to a software appliance v8 by the export and import of the configuration file. You will need to make changes to the interfaces and yes there are user interface changes to get your head around but nothing too major.
  •  
Greenhorse

OK, color me stupid. I thought I had read somewhere that Control was the new name for Connect. That explains why the interface is so completely different. Never mind...

The Greenhorse
Previous Topic: Share Kerio VPN Client
Next Topic: Users Can't Access Apple store
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 04:52:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01082 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.