Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mimecast + kerio LDAP (trying to import list of users and groups into mimecast)
  •  
normtodd

Send a private message to this user
hello

we have been using kerio for the last several years (currently using latest 8.4.0) without LDAP integration at all. we are a small company and just havent needed it.

we recently started using mimecast for front end scanning and outbound, and wanted to hook their system up to the built in kerio ldap server in order for mimecast to poll for users and groups.

using the root DN as fn=ContactRoot i expected to get a list at least of users but it actually isnt getting me anything at all.

i can browse the ldap server using jxplorer and see what i want inside fn=ContactRoot,cn=mimecast<_at_>example.com,fn=Public Folders,fn=Contacts

bottom line has anyone sucessfully gotten kerio ldap to work with mimecast or can point me in the direction of what base dn i should enter to get the users and group emails?

thanks in advance
NT
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Using LDAP in this situation is not ideal because it does not provide an accurate representation of email addresses available on the backend mail server. The LDAP service in Kerio Connect is designed specifically for email clients to access contact folders. Aside from manually adding the email addresses on your gateway, you can use an SMTP option called VRFY if it is supported by your gateway. Instructions for enabling VRFY in Kerio Connect are available in KB 222 http://kb.kerio.com/222

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
normtodd

got it. ill enable VRFY as im 99.9% sure mimecast does support it

so best practice in your view would be to hook up to an ad/od/openldap server and have mimecast poll that?

i appreciate your response let me know
NT
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

The best approach is to use VRFY because it captures all email addresses. If it's not possible to use VRFY then you could query a directory server that is used by Kerio Connect. However you would still need to manually add addresses that are not managed in the directory server, such as mailing lists and aliases.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
normtodd

copy that and will do -

doesnt it seem like this is something the kerio ldap server should be able to do so that it behaves like a normal ldap server? or am i crazy here?

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You can suggest it through our user voice system. Instructions are in KB 1643.
http://kb.kerio.com/1643

Brian Carmichael
  •  
normtodd

suggestion posted in the user voice system entitled "improve kerio LDAP server"

please vote early and vote often

i would post a direct link, but the system will not allow a user with less than 5 posts to do that which is not at all frustrating.
  •  
ksnyder

You'll get there soon normtodd. You're 1 message away! That said, the URL for the feedback link is of minimal use unless you're already logged into the forum (via Connect Admin->Dashboard->Suggest Idea). Your inclusion of the exact title is the most reliable means of locating the suggestion. Well done!

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Moved emails reappearing
Next Topic: pop3 collect for users?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 30 00:43:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01107 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.