Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » email forwards but not in inbox (email forwards but not in inbox)
  •  
mrossi

Send a private message to this user
I have had users complaining off and on that emails are getting to a forwarded account but not to their inbox. So the email is getting to our server and sent to the forwarded email address but never shows up in the users inbox. Why? Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
  •  
ksnyder

It depends on how the mail is being forwarded. If the client has a filtering rule that is forwarding to another mailbox, they need to add a step after the FORWARD action that instructs Connect to "KEEP IN INBOX".

If it's a rule that's defined on the server, then the admin needs to provide the forwarding address within Users-->Edit User-->Forwarding and then at the bottom, tick the box that says, "Deliver messages to both mailbox and forwarding address"

Ken Snyder
  •  
mrossi

Well I have it is setup in the admin area, and I always check the box to forward to both mailboxes. This happens only rarely but it happens. Most email comes thru and gets to the inbox and is sent to the forwarded address too. But in some occasions an email is forwarded but didn't make it to inbox. The user has no rules to control the moving of email out of the the inbox so it should be there. This has happened to multiple users who have the forwarding set. Like I said it is not most emails but it happens. The issue is intermittent.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What does the mail log say? It logs all necessary data.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
mrossi

Well the thing is I can't find the email coming in at that time. Can I attach the email and the log to this post? The email comes thru and went to the forwarded account but no log best I can tell. I see the users replying to the address and other emails coming thru with the same sender address. ???
Previous Topic: Fulltext Search - slow or stopped indexing?!
Next Topic: Duplicate mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 11:40:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00943 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.