Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cant see NAS (share folder) from Virtual Appliance (Cant see NAS (share folder) from Virtual Appliance.)
  •  
cristobal_alvarez

Send a private message to this user
Friends,
I have a K.Connect 8.01 on a Virtual Appliance (running on a linux debian.)
I am familiar with the settings for "Archive" and "Backup"

My specific problem is that I see the share of the NAS from my environment Windowws by:
\\MyNAS\share_folder or \\192.168.1.10\share_folder

But I can not see my NAS (share) from the Web management K.Connect indicates that the route is invalid (archive or backup), I can only select (view) own Operating System folders

Maybe it's something I need to do in Linux, so I thank anyone who can tell me what I should do and how.

Cristobal
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Backup can use UNC path only when the server is running on Windows. Otherwise only local path can be used.
Archiving can use only local paths on all systems.

BTW: Samba sharing should not be used in any case due to possible performance issues and unreliability.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
cristobal_alvarez

Dear Pavel,
Thanks for the advice of Samba, but I have no answer for how to visualize the storage unit from my Kerio Connect, as if it were part of the root directory.
I would appreciate assistance with this issue, as I see many questions related to the subject without any solution.

Cristobal
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You need to first mount the remote location to the linux file system. Here are some instructions http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-mount-remote-windows-pa rtition-windows-share-under-linux.html
In Kerio Connect you would direct your backups to the local mount point.

As indicated by Pavel, this method is not as reliable as directly attached storage. You are also running an old version of Kerio Connect. I advise upgrading.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Mavericks Server port glomming SOLVED
Next Topic: 8.2.2 gets unresponsive several times a day
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 01 18:50:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01041 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.