Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Distribution groups and Outlook without KOC
  •  
skenov

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
Is there a way to send an e-mail to distribution group from Outlook without KOC through SMTP?
When I try I get Server error: '550 5.1.1 Mailbox <***<_at_>***.**> does not exist'
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

The contact group (distribution list) must be expanded in client before sending of message.

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
skenov

Can you explain me what do you mean by "must be expanded in client before sending of message"?
  •  
BudDurland

skenov wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 09:25
Hello,
Is there a way to send an e-mail to distribution group from Outlook without KOC through SMTP?
When I try I get Server error: '550 5.1.1 Mailbox <***<_at_>***.**> does not exist'

Distribution groups created in OutLook only exist in OutLook. When you send, OutLook parses the group membership and sends messages to the individual members.

To send mail to the group from something other than outlook, it needs to exist on the server. If all the members have Kerio Connect accounts, you can create a user group and assign an e-mail address. Otherwise, create a mailing list. Just keep on mind that mailing lists consume a license.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

A mailing list is the best approach. To clarify, they do not consume a license.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
  •  
skenov

Sorry,I didn't explained well.
The distribution group is made in Kerio Webmail client, in domain's public folder. I want a distribution group to be used only with the domain e-mails(accounts). I can send to the group from Webmail, but not from Outlook(POP3,SMTP) account to the distribution group. I get Server error: '550 5.1.1 Mailbox <***<_at_>***.**> does not exist'
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Correction: mailing lists do not consume a license. Only Users consume a license.

I'd add that a distribution list (contact group) can also be created within the Kerio Connect Webmail Client. Contacts-->New-->Contact Group (see http://kb.kerio.com/1309). A users ability to create a contact group within various contact lists (public/private) will depend on Public Folder settings for that user on the server.

When sending to the group, start typing the name of the contact group and select it. Each individual recipient will be added to the To: field separately so that you can edit or make exclusions on a case-by-case basis.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 January 2015 18:38]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
  •  
skenov

I know how create a distribution group or add\edit members\permissions!
I can't send to the already created group from Outlook(POP3,SMTP) account without KOC.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

This is expected behavior. BudDurland explained why this happens in his response "Distribution groups created in OutLook only exist in OutLook. When you send, OutLook parses the group membership and sends messages to the individual members."

If you are not going to use mailing lists, then you need to either switch your Outlook users from POP/IMP to using the Kerio Outlook Connector, or you need to export those contact groups and import them into your POP/IMAP accounts.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
  •  
skenov

It's all clear now.
Thank you all for the info.
I'll stick to the mailing lists.
Previous Topic: managing attachments
Next Topic: out of office autoreply & spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 05:57:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.