Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Updating kerio questions (i want to know the buildin safety options of updating kerio)
  •  
fsupport

Send a private message to this user
hi everyone,

we got version operator version 2.2.5 running at this point (yes i know we are running behind)
and i want to update it to the newest version.
but i would like to know how safe is it for me to update to 2.3.4 straight away.

does it have a rollback options if it fails?
which backups should i make to guarantee i don't miss any configuration.

is it best to update in smaller steps?
if so which updates steps do you recommend? and where can i get the update files?

do any of the updates touch the Host file? cause we changed it for some dns adjustments.

hope to hear from you.
thanks in advance.
  •  
steinham

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

You can make full backup (all checkboxes) of your current version. If you have too big logs or to many recorded calls etc. sufficient should be:
- system configuration
- ssl certificates
- license and
- cust. prov. files /var/tftp

Those four checkboxes are Operator's "configuration"...

Then try to upgrade throught 2.3.0, e.g.: 2.2.5 -> 2.3.0 -> 2.3.4

All versions you can find in our SW archive: http://download.kerio.com/archive/

If all passes well, you can make new backup, delete old one and start with new Operator.

Otherwise find version 2.2.5 in SW archive and try to downgrade back using "upgrade" image ("Kerio Operator upgrade" item) or reinstall whole Operator ("Kerio Operator rescue flash image" item). Then restore your ORIGINAL backup.

Have a nice day!
Martin

Previous Topic: Connecting two Kerio Operator systems together
Next Topic: SNOM D725
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue May 30 09:27:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00953 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.