Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail search does not work in subfolders
  •  
PetrsonX

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I do not know if it is only my problem but when I search in webmail (KC 8.3.2), it search only in current folder. I want to be able to search the whole Inbox including all subfolders.

I tried to search for it in help but I can not find any help concerning webmail client. When I click on HELP in menu in webmail it points me to some "strange" page (System does not allow me to insert the link... Why the hell???), but I remember that there was regular help pages and files in past, but pages changed a lot and since then I find it more confusing then it was before...

What is your experience with search? Do I do anything wrong?

Thank you
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Petr,

Sadly there is not a way to search sub folders while you have the main folder highlighted. The search in the Kerio Connect Client will only search the folder you have selected.

If you wish to be able to search all folders or selected folders then you will need to switch to 'Old WebMail' as the advanced search features in 'Old WebMail' allows you to search multiple folders at once.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
PetrsonX

Ok, thank you, it is a good solution for us as far as the old webmail is working.

I am convinced that you should implement this feature to new webmail.

Regards

petr
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Petr,

I agree, this feature in the New WebMail would be great. The developers are adding functionality one at a time. What I can recommend is that you use the 'Suggest Idea' button in the WebAdmin to list this as an Idea or if someone else has already listed it you can vote for it. As the more votes it gets the higher up the list it goes on the feedback website.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
PetrsonX

It is a good idea. I found some topics but unfortunatelly it looks like nobody is missing it... It looks like most users is using Outlook and they do not need it.

But anyway. I found one topic marked as COMPLETED, but I can not find the option. Please take a look at attachment.

•  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Petr,

Ah.... I have just found it. Just goes to show how often I use the search option in WebMail Wink So sorry for the incorrect information before.

If you just search text and do not select any other option like 'People' or 'Search In' you will get a window to the left that will give you a drop down. I will attach a screenshot.

All the best,
Vicky

• Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 25.73KB, Downloaded 148 times)

Vicky Tripp
  •  
PetrsonX

Hi Vicki,
thank you, it looks like it could work. Not for me at this moment but I hope it will Razz .

Please take a look at my screenshot.

Your menu does not popup for me. As far as I am concerned I did not select anything you mentioned. I am just not sure what it is 'Search in', I do not see it anywhere.

Petr

• Attachment: search.jpg
    (Size: 35.97KB, Downloaded 126 times)
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Petr,

If you upgrade to 8.4.1 of Kerio Connect that magic option will appear Smile

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
PetrsonX

Hi Vicki,
I will try it but I am skeptic little bit because that task is marked as completed already on Dec 7 2012 and we run now KC 8.3.2

Petr
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Petr,

There were a lot of WebMail features added in 8.4.0 and this must have been one of them. We are currently running 8.4.1 here in house and this feature is there. So upgrading will give you that functionality.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
Tomas Tyrner (Kerio)

Hi,

maybe this will help you Smile

Switch to any folder, and search some word and after this you will see folder name on the left near the search field.
So simple click on this name Smile Now you are able switch to "All Folders".

Tomas
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

PetrsonX wrote on Wed, 28 January 2015 12:55
Hi Vicki,
I will try it but I am skeptic little bit because that task is marked as completed already on Dec 7 2012 and we run now KC 8.3.2

Petr

You need to ask your server administrator to enable Fulltext indexing on a server. After that the Kerio Connect client will allow you to select "All folders" instead of selected folder only. The selection is on the left side of search box.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: A new Drafts system folder deleted - out of sync
Next Topic: Brightmail and LDAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 04:53:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01165 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.