Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Question to a server migration (Linux) (Moving a current kerio setup to a new server)
  •  
reeb

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys,

I need to move my current Kerio Connection installation to a new server.

I am using VMware Vsphere. The current os is a ubuntu 08.04 32bit. The target system shall be a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit. Is it possible to move all the Kerio Files from a 32bit system to 64bit system (I mean the backup directory, the Mail directory, mailserver.cfg user.cfg and sslcert) ? are they compatible ?

It would be really nice and easy if i just need to install kerio connect on the new server, mount the hdds from the old server and replace the config files.

What Specs would u choose for a Server with around 350 active users ?
I thought:
6-8 GB Ram and 2 CPU´s

sincerely,

Christian
  •  
My IT Indy

Send a private message to this user
migrate the mailserver.cfg, SSL certs, users.cfg and the store folder and that should be enough.

The CPU/RAM is negligible. Spend your $$$ on fast drives.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Ghost exploit vulnerable?
Next Topic: Disconnects, Password requests, and odd behavior.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 18:26:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00838 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.