Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disconnects, Password requests, and odd behavior. (Problems after 8.4.0 upgrade.)
  •  
Kcaldera

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
After upgrading from KC 7.X to 8.X, we have had various weird issues. I am going to install the 8.4.1 update tonight, but wanted to see if anyone else has experience these issues?

Config:
Mac mini Server w/ OSX 10.6.8 server
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 / upgrading to 8.4.1 tonight.

Issues on Android phones:
-Microsoft Exchange sync error, and it keeps asking you to insert your password.

Issues on iPhones 4s/5s/6s:
-Blank messages that say "No Sender" and have no data.
-Errors when trying to delete messages, "Could not move message".
-Not pushing sync information down for the calendars.
-Microsoft Exchange sync error, and it asks you to keep entering your password.

Steps I have tried so far.
-Setting the email accounts on these phones to "Fetch" instead of "Push".
-Resetting an iPhone back to factory defaults.

Also, our Outlook 2011 clients on our Mac laptops keep experience the server disconnect, and also asking for your to keep inserting your password.

I am not quite sure in which direction to search for a solution, so all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks, and have a great day,
KC
  •  
Kedar

Are there any errors in security/warning/error logs?

The license on the server is with valid software maintenance?
  •  
Kcaldera

Yes, the software license and maintenance is up to date.

Here are some errors I found in the logs, nothing that is blatantly obvious..These errors are after the 8.4.1 upgrade last night.

-29/Jan/2015 07:09:08] ProtocolService.cpp: Service LDAPS failed to start
-ProtocolServiceDerives.cpp: Cannot start service LDAPS on port 636, unable to bind service to all IP addresses
-EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request SyncFolderHierarchy: internal server error occurred; description: Failed to list users, LDAP server is not available.
Note: The same server that runs KC also runs our Open Directory services. I read on the forums that OD uses SSL port 636. I have turned off SSL for OD since we only run it internally to provide authentication info to KC. I have cleared the KC logs, and these errors are no longer appearing.

-wsOperation.cpp: EWS request UpdateItem: Message conversion failed
Note: Don't know what this is yet.

-EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request GetFolderOperation: internal server error occurred; description: Permission denied: User %1 is not allowed to list users.

-ASyncAttachmentProperty.cpp: ActiveSyncAttachmentProperty::ParseAttachmentReference: Invalid attachment path: 191AF69B-0088-47D2-AD66-6C9D08949C46.

-tcpiphlp.cpp: failed to update DNS servers; failed to open /etc/resolv.conf:
NOTE: I have read a solution for this error in the forums, but have yet to implement it. I will do so tonight after hours. The solution is to try and delete the symbolic link /etc that points to /private/etc, and then recreate the symlink. I will probably do the following...
1. Turn off KC
2. Delete symlink /etc
3. Recreate symlink /etc to /private/etc and reboot server.
4. Turn KC back on and check for this error.

Thanks again for your time,
KC
Previous Topic: Question to a server migration (Linux)
Next Topic: Import Windows Live messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 08:31:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.