Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Night Mode with custom message.
  •  
Tech1UAE

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I have just installed an Operator system for a client and all is running well. However, they have a requirement whereas they need to place a custom message each evening for the Night Mode. They do this because emergency calls go to various different numbers each evening (depending on who is on call). Essentially, a want to dial 88, record a message and then that is played until the day mode is reactivated.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Andy
  •  
ksnyder

Hi Andy,

Sounds like this would ordinarily be pretty straight forward under normal circumstances. But in your case you want to have a custom message that changes regularly and you need some way to easily record a new message without having to login as an admin and rename a recording file in the Audio Library every time you switch to night mode.

I've tried the following and it works. The caveat is that it essentially rings directly to the voicemail of a designated extension which has to have voicemail enabled. Essentially what you'll do is:

1. Set the default action for the night time auto-attendant to ring an extension (using the direct to voicemail prefix)
2. The extension that it rings to will play the temporary greeting
3. Change the temporary greeting daily using a phone handset
4. 88 to toggle between day/night mode from that same handset

Details:
From Voicemail config screen:
- Allow direct dialing to user's voicemail boxes = enabled
- Note the prefix (default is 7)
- Announcement: None

From the extension you're going to be using to manage this:
Note: Safest bet is to use/burn one extension to be dedicated for this purpose
- Voicemail must be enabled
- You must know the PIN
- From that extension dial: 50, [PIN], 0, 4, 1, [Record greeting], #, 1 (SEE NOTE BELOW **)
- Hangup
- Dial 88 (to switch to night mode)

** This can be set up on a softphone such as X-Lite or Zoiper. Sequence referenced is: dial voicemail (50 is the default...yours may be different), remainder are the numeric sequences to quickly record and confirm a temporary greeting (0, 4, 1, #, 1)

From Auto Attendant Script
- Set the default action during night mode to dial the extension above with the direct-to-voicemail prefix (default is 7)

Let me know how you get on with this. Like I said, one caveat is that this ends up being a live mailbox. Your use of the term "emergency calls" may render this suggestion to be unsuitable depending on how you define "emergency". Make the recorded message as explicit as you can I suppose.

-Ken

Ken Snyder
  •  
Tech1UAE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. That may just work for them. Can you tell me if there is an option to turn day mode on automatically?

Regards,

Andy
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can have a time condition in your auto-attendant script and play a different content for hours/after hours.
  •  
ksnyder

Yes, Time Ranges. My previous suggestion was a work-around for Time Ranges because of two things you mentioned in your question:
1. Wanting to use 88 to toggle. Leading me to believe that "after hours" was an unpredictable time on a day-by-day basis.
2. Wanting the message to change daily...hinting that the recoding would be random and unpredictable.

If both the recorded message and the time range can be predicted on a regular basis, then using Time Ranges instead of Day/Night toggle (dial 88) is preferable.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2015 15:03]

Ken Snyder
  •  
Tech1UAE

Thanks, I don't think the time ranges are predictable. I was just wondering if there was an auto-day mode that could click in if they forgot to do the 88 in the morning.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I suppose they have some latest time when at least someone should be in the office. If so, you could include a time-range test inside the branch that covers the "manual" night mode.
Previous Topic: The GHOST vulnerability (CVE-2015-0235)
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.3.4 Patch 1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 04:11:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00488 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.