Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Removing the "sent on behalf of" message
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Send a private message to this user
With Exchange, you can give certain permissions so that one user can send email as another, for example:

The "joe@..." account has given send rights to "office@...", so that office@ can send emails to people, but it looks like joe<_at_> sent them.

At the moment I can only get Kerio Connect to do this, but the from address says "office@ sent on behalf of joe@"

Is Kerio able to add this functionality? (or if it's already there and I'm missing it...)

Have tried with both Outlook 2010 and the Kerio Connect Client.
  •  
ksnyder

Kerio Connect does offer delegation capability, but the "on behalf of" notice within the sender details does appear to be hard-coded. See http://kb.kerio.com/1493#sect-usingdelegation

Ken Snyder
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Yeah.. tech support said it was a feature in Connect 8.1, but has since been removed.

Any idea/chance it could be re-implemented?
  •  
ksnyder

When you say "it" was a feature in 8.1 are you still referring to inbox delegation? Inbox delegation returned/improved in 8.3.2 http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-connect/release-history

"sent on behalf of" is intended functionality as part of inbox delegation. If there's still an outstanding question, can you be more specific about what feature you'd like to see re-implemented?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Well that's what I was told by tech support:

"- To send e-mail without "Behalf of" a delegated user in Kerio Connect

I checked and unfortunately it cannot be done with the current version. It could be done with version 8.1 and earlier but it was changed."

What I'd like to be able to do, is to send an email from "office@..." as "joe@...".. but have the email when it's received at the destination, to say it was from "joe@..." and not "office@... on behalf of joe<_at_>..."..

This is possible with Exchange, so I'm getting requests for it to be done with Connect.
  •  
FEichelsdoerfer

Hi,
this is also possible with Tobit David, which is used by many clients of mine.
And even this seems to be dinky this is a big no go criteria for migration to KC for some of them.
Frank
Previous Topic: antivirus updates are not working
Next Topic: Filtering message attachments
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 01 18:46:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01134 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.