Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Forwarding does not work when in a ringing group or call queue (Forwarding does not work)
  •  
Tuxis

Send a private message to this user
Case: You as a user has an extension (for example 701)

When an other user calls your extension, the forwarding rules work. So if you set in your personal Kerio Control page that all calls should be forwarded to mobile, it works (see attachment).

When 701 is in a ringing group or call queue and that group is called, then your forward does not work.
And that does not make much sense. The user defines that he wants to receive all calls on his mobile phone so he will expect it.
At least it should be configurable.

• Attachment: Knipsel.PNG
    (Size: 16.28KB, Downloaded 227 times)
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

you are correct, ring groups and call queues behave this way. Extensions (not users) are members of Call Queues or Ring Groups. As a result user settings don't apply. The reason behind that idea is that if one of the users had an extension configured to go directly to voicemail, then the ring group or call queue would also go straight to voicemail. Which I believe is not what one would expect.

However, I totally understand your point and I must admin that you are not the first one trying to route Call Queue calls to a mobile phone.

I will try to give it a thought and I'll try come up with something.

But first, let me have a quick question - say an extension is configured like this:
1. Ring desktop phone for 15 sec.
2. Find me on a mobile number for 30 sec.
3. Fall back to voicemail.

Would you expect the queue/ring group to 100% obey the rules end up in the voicemail?

Filip
  •  
Tuxis

> Would you expect the queue/ring group to 100% obey the rules end up in the voicemail?

Good point.
I would like it to obey the forwarding an optionally (by admin rule) to obey the jump to voice mail.

I see an option that suggest that the rules set by a user would be applicable (it does not work however). (see attachment)

If it would work and would display more options:
Never to users voice mail.
And Never to external numbers.

In that case, when a call goes to a mobile phone with voice mail, the user could shorten the time the call is forwarded to mobile.

• Attachment: Knipsel.PNG
    (Size: 16.95KB, Downloaded 196 times)
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I totally forgot about that one. The option works, but you must configure call forwarding on your phone. Look for a "CFwd" button.
  •  
Tuxis

I think that the user expects it to work from the webinterface.
That was the whole idea?

one place to configure your "phone".

So the forwarding options in the webinterface will be removed? We could always do that on our phones... But users don't understand that.
My phone (a Tiptel IP284) does not have that button (it has one in the menu but not a real button).....
And forwarding to mobile while the phone keeps ringing is also not possible.
And the callhunting does not work also....

•  
ksnyder

Does the agent have the Kerio Softphone on their mobile device? If so, and the softphone is registered, there would be no need to forward to a mobile device - the call would ring their mobile phone as if the agent was active in the queue and at their desk. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the Voicemail challenge but it does act as a means of "forwarding" a call from a queue to a mobile phone.

One thought for for the voicemail portion: you could use the exception tab to send an unanswered queue call (time limit reached) directly to one dedicated mailbox for the queue by using the 7 prefix before an extension. Whether you create a unique mailbox for that queue or designate one agent as the one to receive messages is up to you.

Let me know if you think this would work.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Tuxis

> Does the agent have the Kerio Soft phone on their mobile device?

Nope. They use Windows Phone.

But the problem is that forwarding does not work. In this case to a mobile phone but it might al well be to an other internal phone (like, hi John, I'll will sit next to you to work together, let me forward my calls to your phone).

So the real problem is, the user expects it to work (because he configured it) but it doesn't.

And not all companies get call's every second. It might be a company with three users that work in te same room and just nead to be reachable. One user goes home early but wil work from home and forwards to his fixed line at home.
  •  
ksnyder

Yes - this is what the mobile app/softphone is for. It allows a user/agent's extension to travel with them away from their fixed desk location. Their status as an agent in a ring group or queue is undisturbed regardless if they're remote or local. Kerio Operator has an iPhone and Android app for this. No Blackberry or Windows Phone version unfortunately.

Also, call queues can be configured to allow for dynamic agent login/logout from a registered extension. This would cover the case where three users on a team are working in a room together and need the extension in that room to dynamically be included in a call queue.

I've seen examples of what you're seeking to achieve with other PBX systems that are more heavily focused on call center audiences. They'll allow an agent to use an HUD to specify where they would like to take their calls (home, mobile, desk, etc.) It looks as though the agent's "available" status is determined by whether they're logged in to a piece of software (or a website). So once they log out of that software/website, they are no longer an active agent in the queue and will NOT have calls routed to mobile/home/etc and their desk extension is set to inactive as well.

Ken Snyder
  •  
ksnyder

FWIW, I did find a softphone client called Linphone that appears to have a Windows Phone app. I haven't tested that app specifically. However, between my last post and this one, I did download a client for Mac OSX, installed it, and successfully placed/received calls with their product in conjunction with Kerio Operator.

http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/downloads THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SOLD BY, SUPPORTED BY, or ENDORSED by Kerio...but it *might* work.

Your mileage may vary. Smile

Ken Snyder
  •  
ksnyder

Update: Tested Linphone on a colleague's Windows Phone successfully with Operator. Same disclaimer as the one in my previous post applies.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Tuxis

Tested Linphone. It does not ring when phone is in standby. The sip client may not run in the background.

Zoiper has the same problem but has a solution. Maybe Kerio can apply this solution?
http://www.zoiper.com/en/tutorials/push-notifications

Stil think that we are working around the real problem.
Forwarding does not work when a group is called.
The admin should be able to configure allow or disallow that.
Softphone is nice but there are to many times that you don't have a good enought internet connection.
  •  
ksnyder

Please submit a feature request from within the Admin Console --> Dashboard --> Suggest Idea button.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Call Group forward when all phones are busy.
Next Topic: Kerio Content Filter - Rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jul 21 16:47:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.