Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect store over iSCSI
  •  
credo

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have potential customer who wants to migrate to KC. based on current configuration and users, the total store required is approximately 450 GB. It contains also ~3 million files.
Therefore I have temptation to use external storage.
Has anybody used Kerio Connect over 1 GB iSCSI interface? Would it be enough throughput to satisfy ~450 users (most of them will be connected over HTTPS / EWS / IMAP or web interface).
Storage itself Synology in RAID10.
As iSCSI does not support teaming then my second alternative is to use 10GB iSCSI but it wll require also different hardware.

Many thanks,
Mati
  •  
ComputerBudda

I don't have any experience with Kerio and iSCSI but based on Exchange that should work. Why not just use SSD in RAID internally?
  •  
credo

OK. If Exchannge can survive then KC will most likely as well.
I'd like to avoid internal storage on pretty simple reasons - I'll going to use external storage that can be put to HA mode or that is easily expandable any given moment. If I continue using server and it's attached HDD's then in case I need to replace hardware in 3-4-5 year perspective, only thing I need to do is replace server and it's iSCSI interface card - connect server to storage and everything will continue in less than hour.
Also I'm going to use RAID10 on both - in external storage box and for server itself.
  •  
My IT Indy

It should be fine. we've got servers setup with the disk images hosted over NFS without issue.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: SharedFolderBrowser.cpp error and problem with delegation
Next Topic: email forward to multiple address through kerio connect client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 01 18:50:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00905 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.