Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Virus scan problem (Various anti virus issues)
  •  
S.McC

Send a private message to this user
Mail server virus scan removing attachments even though no virus.

Message on delivered mail is as follows:

This part of mail could not be checked for viruses: MIME type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessing ml. File name: Ecological Appraisal Hammonds Farm Final 16.01 2.docx File size: 3.52 MB Error: /Volumes/Data/mailstore/tmp/54c9f68c-0000b29c/avfile.tmp/wor d/document.xml Antivirus: Sophos Scanning Engine (5.10.8420743/3.58.1.0) The attachment was removed by mailserver at mail.xxxxxx.co.uk.

Error log also showing:

[27/Jan/2015 21:18:54] SpamPlugin.cpp: Spam Server error(0): Perl_die: error closing input file: Bad file descriptor at /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/plugins/spamserver/spamassassin/ site/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message.pm line 569.

[27/Jan/2015 20:13:00] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <xxxx.xxxx@torltd.co.uk> to <xxx.xxxxx<_at_>gleeds.co.uk> failed: Out of memory

Do not know if related - any seen this before?
  •  
S.McC

addendum

mail log entry reads

[27/Jan/2015 20:13:00] Sent: Queue-ID: 54c7b8ec-00009c3b, Recipient: <xxx.xxxxx@gleeds.co.uk>, Result: failed, Status: 4.6.5 Antivirus check cannot be performed, Remote-Host: 127.0.0.1, Msg-Id: <D0ED6937.2A7AA%xxxx.xxxx<_at_>torltd.co.uk>
  •  
MarkK

Take a look at what you have set for your Content Filter > Antivirus > If a part of a message cannot...

Is it set to Deliver the message.. OR Reject the message..
  •  
S.McC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting. I have thought of that. I had it set to "Reject the message as if it was a virus" and already changed the settings to "Deliver the original message with a warning prefixed".

Although that may "sort" the issue in as much as it will allow the possibly damaged attachments through - it does not solve the issue as to why all of a sudden it is rejecting lots of email attachments on a random basis.

Or even why I am getting the other log errors withe regards to the virus scanning.

Any other thought would be most welcome.

Many Thanks
  •  
MarkK

First, have you tried a reboot? You have an out of memory error, bad file descriptor, and can not access the file error. Do you have any other antivirus or something running that would hold the file open when Kerio expects to use it? Maybe run a disk integrity check.
  •  
S.McC

I will be running some disk checks/reboot at the weekend as I cannot down the server during the working week. I have thought that it might be down to some form of disk problem (data is stored on a 6 disk raid). There is no other application running on the server - it is solely for Kerio.

Thanks
  •  
MarkK

Hopefully, since you are on a raid system, you shouldn't have any physical disk issues, assuming that the raid controller would detect and report those. An occasional reboot never hurts to help keep things fresher, though in theory they should not be required. Same for a disk / file system integrity check. And it may be time to add more memory to your server.
Previous Topic: User account disable - move to group?
Next Topic: SPAM coming thru Only ONE user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 01:14:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.