Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » All Day Event Invites Error (Invites to all day events show as 00:00 to 0:00.)
  •  
francisbrand

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

When someone is invited to an all day event, and accept, the event is put into their calander as running from 00:00 to 00:00. This will span however many days the event runs for. So and event that is all day from Tuesday-Friday, it shows as 00:00 Tue - 00:00 Sat. This results in iCal and other calendars (including Kerio's) showing the all day event with all the hours blocked out, not as the more normal "top of day" view one would expect from an all day event.

This problem is a new one. However I do not know if this is because of 8.4.1 or if it is coincidental.

We use a mixture of Macs and iOS (which manin use Flexibits Fantastical but the problem doesn't seem to be specific to that app).

Many thanks,

Francis.

Addendum: On more testing it seems that the problem occurs when coming form an iOS device (both Cal and Fantastical apps) not a desktop. If created on a Mac it works fine. If that is then edited on an iPhone it goes wrong. This also works the other way. An incorrectly displayed event that was created on an iPhone can be shown correctly by editing the Mac's version (toggling from all day to specific time and back again).

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2015 12:00]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What account is on iOS device? Exchange ActiveSync or CalDAV?
If the client does not specify that the event is "all-day" then other clients may interpret it as an 24hour event.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
francisbrand

Hi Pavel,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you. All accounts on iOS devices are ActiveSync. It doesn't seem to matter if using Apple's iCal app or a third party. Nor does TimeZone support on/off make any difference. Anytime an AllDay event is made on an iOS and then invites someone - they get it a a 00:00 Day1 - 00:00 Day x
  •  
francisbrand

Despite new updates (both Kerio and Mac OS's) I am still getting this error. I seem to be the only one who does (as search brings up only me as far as I can see in forum). So I am suspecting it is user error. However I can't resolve it and it is vexing.

I enclose to show the problem. To recap: I invite someone, from my phone, to an all day event. They get it but as a 00:00-24:00 event - not "All-Day". This then means that their calendar blocks out the entire day visually.

I am now on KC 8.5.3 running on Mac Server 10.11.1. All desktops are on 10.11.1 and all iPhones are latest iOS and connect using Active Sync.

I very much someone out there can help.

Thanks,

Francis.
[img]./fa/4123/0/[/img]

UPDATE: Have tried it with IMAP as connection from iPhone - works a treat. Why IMAP but not Active Sync?

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 13:33]

Previous Topic: IPv6 and SPF
Next Topic: Outlook 2013 EAS and KerioConnect Server 9
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 17:18:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01017 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.