Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to block out a resource (without a meeting)
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to have a resource such as a meeting room be unavailable for a period of time, without creating a bogus meeting request? For example, a meeting room will be closed for renovation of a week.
  •  
ksnyder

While logged in as an admin, untick the box that says, "Resource is available" within the resource configuration. Otherwise you can, as you suggest, book a bogus multi-day meeting request to block it off for the duration of the renovation.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Bud Durland

That won't really work for me. My intent was to be able to show the resource as "busy" ahead of schedule. If I wait until the start of the unavailable time period, other folks may have already booked the resource.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Resource administrator can create an event with Busy status directly in shared resource calendar. No meeting request required.
  •  
Bud Durland

(Earlier text deleted)

Spoke too soon, I haven't found it yet. I still end up with a meeting on my calendar.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2015 22:24]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Create event in shared resource calendar. It can be connected as shared calendar in Kerio Connect client (see below) and Kerio Outlook Connector.
./fa/3746/0/

•  
Bud Durland

I've begun to feel kinda dumb here. I got that far, but then, the only way that I can find to block the room is to make a new event. When I do, the even lands in both the resource calendar (good) and in my calendar (bad).

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 32.99KB, Downloaded 177 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2015 23:15]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I am the dumb one here. It seems to be a bug that you cannot add event directly into resource calendar in Kerio Connect client. Sorry for this confusion.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2015 23:22]

•  
clan

Have you tried using the old Webmail?
  •  
Bud Durland

Hadn't thought of that. I tried it, but no joy
  •  
clan

When logged into Webmail as Administrator I could add an event to the resource calendar. Administrator was listed as organizer, but the event was only on the resource calendar. Logging in as Administrator doesn't seem to be needed, using an account with editor permissions on the resource calendar works as well.

The new client does not allow selecting the resource calendar for the event, so this only works with the old client.
  •  
Bud Durland

When I tried it, it showed up on the admin calendar (KC8.4.1).
  •  
clan

Here is what I did on our test system with KC 8.4.1:

* make a user Editor for a resource calendar
* login as that user
* in Old Webmail: go to the resource calendar
* create an event there

Doing this the event is not in the user's calendar, but only in the resource calendar. In the new client I was at first confused, because the calendar was selected for viewing and the event displayed with the user events.
Previous Topic: IOS app Mail+ for ActiveSync
Next Topic: Kerio Connect + SAMBA 4 + CentOS 7
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 18:29:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00540 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.