Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Show Name or Description instead of number when dialing internally
  •  
sethk

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I am very very new to this and I need some help. We have just set up a kerio system with cisco 7941GE and 7942G phones,
the issue is when a user picks up the phone and dials the 3 digit internal number the only the number is displayed on the screen when calling and not the name of the ext that the user is calling. I am not sure where to change this.

also we still have a cisco CCME set up and when a Kerio phone calls the CCME instead of being diverted to the CCME voice mail when un answer it give the unavailable tone.

it would be great to get some help with this.

thank you
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

as far as I know, Cisco 79xx phones can't display the full name. Their SIP firmware won't accept the SIP INVITES or UPDATES with the updated caller id information. It may have worked with a SCCP firmware, but with SIP it doesn't.

Regarding the second issue, you'd need to be more specific. It would be best to contact our support team and provide them with more details.

Filip
  •  
sethk

Hi Filip

thanks for getting back to me, do you know what handsets support displaying the caller ID information when making a call?

Re the other issue. we have a Call Manager Express in our other office, when we make a call to a phone on the CCME we get an engaged tone and the message "Service Unavailable (503)" when the CCME phone in unanswered or in use. This should divert to the mailbox but doesn't.

have you come across this before?

thank you again

regards

Seth
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

It's hard to say, I don't have any list. I just tried it with few phones on my desk and a Yealink T46G displayed the name after hitting the dial button, while a Cisco SPA509 didn't. Although it may be just a matter of configuration.

I don't know much about CCME, nor how it is connected to Operator. I assume that it is another PBX system with phones connected to and there is a route between Operator and CCME. Is that correct? Or are the two systems connected differently?
  •  
sethk

Hi Filip

thanks for getting back to me, my college fixed the issue when calling the call manager express, I still have the issue of displaying the number when calling another phone. I am not sure where to look really.

do you know of anyone else have has had this issue or solved this?

regards

seth
Previous Topic: BLF and paging
Next Topic: Phone Provisioning
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 16:40:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00364 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.