Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Receiving spam for email group
  •  
rbeers

Send a private message to this user
I have a group setup with an email address that is receiving spam. The group email address will only be used within the domain.

How can I setup a filter that blocks email to this address from all external domains?
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Groups are primarily to be used for setting permission and access rights. Mail Lists should be used to assemble a list of recipients that can be addressed by a single email address as Mail Lists offer granular posting policy settings.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
JJJCR

ksnyder (KERIO) wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 06:04
Groups are primarily to be used for setting permission and access rights. Mail Lists should be used to assemble a list of recipients that can be addressed by a single email address as Mail Lists offer granular posting policy settings.

have you tried the settings, "this user can send/receive messages from his/her domain only"
  •  
rbeers

That setting blocks everyone in the group from sending/receving email outside the domain.
  •  
JJJCR

rbeers wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 04:31
That setting blocks everyone in the group from sending/receving email outside the domain.

Okay i thought that was you wanted because on your first post you said "The group email address will only be used within the domain."

It's quite hard to eliminate spam totally, especially if the email address is published on the web.
Just set custom filters to block specific strings or domains.

And educate users not to click on links on emails in which they don't know the sender. And of course not to open attachment or zip files.

And tell them the implications of getting hacked or infected with malwares or viruses.

•  
forum69

An old problem but always running Smile

Mailing lists do not appear in the GAL.
If we switch all the groups to mailing lists, our users won't be able to sent messages becouse they will not remember the name of the lists...

I've not seen an option to allow a mailing lists to be publish in GAL.

I also read the detailed response from ksnyder (thank) in another post :

http://forums.kerio.com/?t=msg&goto=119303&

I'm going to test this procedure.
Previous Topic: Adding & Removing people from calendar invites
Next Topic: Install CA intermediate certificate
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 01:58:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.