Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector S/MIME Signatur Invalid
  •  
Albeck

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

I'm about to implement S/MIME Signature validation for a few clients. After generating these certificates from a global trustes CA (startssl), I imported them in Kerio connector (webmail) and in the clients outlook.

Now, when a client writes a mail to an external mailadress of an customer in webmail and signs the mail, the customer recives the mail with a valid signatur and not an invalid sign is displayed.
When my client now sends the same message over outlook again, also with imported certificate, the mail is recieved at the customer but with an invalid or untrustworthy signature (the certificate ist marked with an exclamation mark)

Of course, the imported certificate for the client is valid and is the same in webmail and outlook and also the sending mailadress for which the certificate is valid is the same.

However, when the clients with certificate mail each other with outlook (so the message never leaves the kerio connect server), the certificate is shown as valid in outlook.
Quite odd...

Did anyone else experienced this behavior?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2015 17:21]

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect + SAMBA 4 + CentOS 7
Next Topic: Public Folder (Mail) read/unread status per user with kerio connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 18:10:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.